“Crowded mall, crowded restaurant, not worth the hassle”
Review of macaroni grill

macaroni grill
Reserve with OpenTable
macaroni grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 307 Restaurants in Lynnwood
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We've gone to this restaurant twice in the past month. The first time, it took awhile to find a parking spot, the mall was jam-packed after work on Friday, one would think it was Christmas (bodes well for the economy). The waiting area was full, we were told that it was a 25-minute wait, so we went elsewhere. The second time, I found a spot on the first row I tried - somebody was getting out just as I got to their location, nobody coming the other direction, life was great. Again told of a 25-minute wait, we stayed. We were two adults, but weren't offered to go into the bar to eat there, but I noticed that others did so, while still others gave up. Our wait was perhaps 15 minutes, a pleasant surprise, they might consider lowering their time estimates. We were shown to our table, a 4-person booth, and I noticed one or two vacant others in the vicinity. Our server soon arrived, wine bottle in hand, its landing not having the desired effect of causing us to order some. The table cover was butcher paper, the server using one of the three crayons she brought to write her name at the end of it. This particular server was excellent, very attentive and responsive, more so than others we've had there, who were average. The food was good, tasty, not great portions, prices on the high side, particularly when considering that salad costs extra. The Tiramisu dessert was good, but smaller quantity and more expensive than competitors. We had a gift card, which we forgot to use, remembering when we returned home. The question was: did we want to go back. We didn't. Mainly, we didn't want to put up with the crowds, and second, we could find similar quality food in larger quantities and lower prices away from the mall, where (Romano's) Macaroni Grill is located.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

On a wednesday night I met a friend to try this place. We sat at the bar and there was a cozy fire right at our table so I was well impressed with the atmosphere, however, the food and service was lacking.

If you go to Italy the waiter will usually not come to your table unless called upon so we Americans, who are used to be doted on, would find this to be poor service. Staying true to form, I can only assume they were trying to be "authentic" with their service as the girl waiting our table was, for the most part, absent and at times non-existent completely.

Now for the food. The bread they serve there is amazing. I was delighted they used rosemary in their bread and the taste was phenomenal with a crisp shell and warm center. In total, I ordered 5 items...and sent 4 back. The first pasta dish was far too salty and cold, my diet coke was flat, the margarita pizza I ordered was literally black across the bottom, and finally the Fetticini Alfredo was not creamy but gritty from being cooked wrong.

Now I will say the manager tried to make things right by stepping in and personally cooking my food but at that point I didn't want to drag my friend through yet another dish. She had to work the next day, so we called it a night.

They did take care of our bill but being that this was my first experience I probably won't return. Afterall, first impressions are everything and why waste my time when there are so many other places to get good Italian food?

By the way, the one dish I did not send back was their cannoli.

1  Thank Italianfoodmama
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We ordered the Peppadew Peppers which were quite outstanding! The stuffed mushrooms were also very good. Their salads looked fresh and we liked the Mushroom Ravioli and the Pasta Sampler for entrees. The Carmela Chicken Riggatoni was not very good but it wasn't heated enough. Our server was okay but we had to signal him quite a lot. We would go back just for the appetizers.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We had arranged to meet family members for dinner. However, the plans deteriorated and our number dwindled to only 7 by the time we were all seated. The wait staff were patient and very polite and even arranged to have two additional meals to-go when we had finished our meal.

The focaccia bread was fresh and fragrant. The crab stuffed clams and the stuffed mushroom appetizers were flavorful...delightful. My jumbo shrimp and pasta were excellent and the wine suggested by the staff a splendid addition to the meal. All of the entrees were well prepared and all of our guests pleased with their meals.

We will certainly return to this restaurant!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

We love Macaroni's. Everything you order is always wonderful & if you go on your birthday, they will sing a Happy Birthday song in Italian & bring you desert which you can share with your group.

Been to macaroni grill? Share your experiences!