“Our experience”

Best Western Alderwood
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We expected a stay at this Best Western that was good quality, but we were quite disappointed. Parking is crowded. When entering the building from the lot, our room key would not work so we had to walk around to the front to get a new one. The desk clerk seemed confused and could not handle all the guests and answer the phone all by herself and gave me the wrong form to sign. It was for another party. The room airconditioner was loud and not working efficiently. We had a second experience with a key that did not work. There was noise from the street below where there was a bar. Overall, not up to Best Western's reputation.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jean C
There are newer reviews for Best Western Alderwood

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is dated, sadly in need of a renovation. However, due to the location and the good staff, it isn't a bad place to consider if you aren't worried about the asthetics of your accomodations.
The people here are good, helpful and efficient, it's too bad they can't work in a nicer hotel. But the age of the building and the rooms is what it is.
We unfortunatly could only get a smoking room; not anyone's fault because we booked late and there was little available on the long weekend. The room stank of course of smoke but the cleaning staff did a good job of tidying up and it was tolerable. ( with incense ... LOL )
For families: pool, breakfast ( waffle machine ) it is a great value and for sports teams it is great cause nobody will care about the kids tearing around the place.
Close to malls and a quick drive to Seattle, this hotel will work if you are stuck without anything better.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was staying in Alderwood for a weekend with one of my friends. After our departure from our hotel to Seattle I realized I had left $100 cash in my bed, I had put it there while we headed down for breakfast and forgot to grab it. I soon after realized I had left it and called the hotel when they told me there was no cash anywhere in my room. They denied any of their hotel staff taking it and left me speechless. Will never stay at another Best Western again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Great staff who found us a room for 5 nights after I forgot to send our reservation through! Clean, comfortable sleeping room. Easy to find hotel. Nice filling breakfast with eggs, bacon/sausage, waffles, yogurt, bagels, toast, juice, coffee and many other things. There is room in the lobby and out on the patio by the pool to eat but when this hotel is busy, tables are at a premium. We had minimal hot water for showers the first morning but when told about it, the problem was quickly fixed. The hotel has a guest laundry with 2 washers and 2 dryers that are free - nice, nice touch. The whole hotel looks like it may need some updating inside.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed at this Best Western for two nights while we did some shopping in Seattle. This hotel is in a good location, lots of malls and stores nearby and just less than 1/2 hour away from Seattle. The rooms are very spacious, the bed has lots of pillows and so comfortable. Just wish I could have slept more but my friend and I were on a mission to shop so we were out early each morning and back late at night! The breakfast at this hotel was great, lots of selections and I liked the hot meal they served. Eggs and either sausage or bacon, and even had rice! My favorite is the waffle maker, I always look for that when I'm staying at a hotel. Enjoyed our short 2 night stay, would stay here again if I need to do another shopping spree, which happens quite often!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The staff was courteous, friendly, helpful. The room was very clean. Breakfast in the lobby area was quite busy but they handled the rushes quite well. The food was fresh and hot enough. Lots of meats, eggs, breads of all kinds, juices, fruits. I will stay there again and again.

Room Tip: I always ask for room close to elevator and/or ice machine. I got one right in the middle.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2013

this was a one night stopover stay. the price was right and we didnt need it for anymore than a night. well.... the hallways smelled absolutely awful! the beds in the room were clean,the small bathroom was clean,but the carpets/walls and table surfaces were in dire need of cleaning. pool is outdoors as is the hottub. workout room is one bike and a universal gym. location wise, you are close to the mall and restaurants and right across the street from the convention center. Mini fridge. they have a continental breakfast that we didn't partake in because looking at the seating area it would have been a real headache.The menu advertised waffles,eggs bacon.. so it was more than toast and muffins. lots of seniors at the hotel this stay. the elevator went out the day we were leaving and while we were able bodied enough to go up and down the stairs,there were many who werent and no one seemed to be jumping to service the elevator. its a place to sleep in a clean bed and shower.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family