“Great Value”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Pitt Meadows, Canada
“Great Value”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Just 2 minutes from Interstate 5, this hotel was clean and comfortable. The front counter staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. Alderwood Mall, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Fred Meyer all within a 5 minute drive from the hotel. I definately recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LK007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2011

It's a Best Western, there really isn't anything special, it's a cheap stay and very predictable. I'll summarize what was good about our stay.
Good:
-Location, only a couple blocks from Alderwood Mall, so close to shopping and plenty of food options.
-Check in, very quick, there are a number of entrances/exits to make it very convenient to access your room.
-Free breakfast, there was waffles, muffins, toast, cereal, fruit. Limited seating, though.
-Free Wifi.
-Room was clean, not the most updated, but sufficient for my needs.

Bad:
-The shower had 2 temperatures; scalding hot and luke warm, it also changed temperatures randomly.
-There was a noise that woke us several times during the night, sounded like it was coming from the pipes, sort of a thumping noise and then some squealing.

Overall, I would stay again, the best western is always an affordable option.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
salem, oregon
Reviewed November 11, 2011

My king bed had a frumpy gross bedspread but that's my only complaint! Nice shower with great water pressure, two sinks, no view but didn't need one. Decent free breakfast. Nice front desk staff. All in all a pretty ok place to stay for 3 nights on a dull biz trip. Lots of shopping and food choices nearby. Easy I5 access.

• Stayed November 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Very nice older lady at the front desk that helped us check in near midnight even when we had no reservations. Room was very small but tidy. Bathroom was too small and the halogen lights on ceiling were low and were emitting very strong heat! Felt like a heating lamp! Otherwise, location was not bad. Price was abit high considering our small room but was good enough just to sleep in. Hallways need upgrading. Breakfast was not bad! Nice eating area, but may need renovation instead of directing overflow to a different room down the hall! Probably would come back if necessary to stay in alderwood. Best Western is always a safe bet so far!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank WandererPonderer
Vancouver
Reviewed October 10, 2011

This hotel is screaming for a reno. The carpet in the room matted and pulling up from the floor from age. The linens are old. But the staff was friendly, knew the area well and were happy to give directions.There was a breakfast included which was nice and the rooms were cleaned to the best of the house keepers ability considering the age of everything.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TJDVancouver
Vancouver
Reviewed September 25, 2011

The hotel has some construction under way, and they appear to be renovating and modernizing from the top down. Our friends on the 2nd floor had an older room, but ours was very nice. We needed A/C due to a late September heat-wave, and noticed that the A/C unit was relatively quiet and effective. Great location, very close to convention center, mall and Seattle, if you wanted to spend a morning or afternoon in the city.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We booked and stayed in this hotel September 23/24, 2011. After reading some of the reviews I wasn't exactly sure what it would be like. I booked through the Best Western international phone number and by using my AAA card, received a better rate than my travelling companions whom had book through Priceline. Overall this is an older hotel, they are currently doing some painting outside but it presents fairly well. Some upgrading of bed spreads etc might be a good idea but the stuff there is clean and serviceable. The front desk staff couldn't have been nicer and more accomadating. They were happy, smilling, pleasant and if they didn't know the answer they willingly went looking for it right away. Our room on the second floor was neat, tidy, clean, everything worked and we were quite comfortable. The only thing I would have liked would be better lighting as it was quite dark even with all the lamps turned on. This isn't a 5 star hotel nor do they claim to be but for the price, I think the value was very good. Unseasonably high temps and a tropical front from Hawaii brought in excellant weather, hot actually with balmy breezes and I asked at the front desk if my granddaughter could have a little swim in the pool. The painters are working in that area but a lady whom I think may have been the manager said no problem as long as i sat with her and we didn't get in the painters way. I found this to be very sweet of them and they made a little girls afternoon very pleasant as she froliced in the little pool in the afternoon sunshine. They serve a complimentary breakfast in the morning in the lobby and the room is well appointed with quite a lot of seating. Again the area was very clean and sanitary and supplies for the self serve breakfast were kept topped up so everyone could enjoy. They had do it yourself waffles which are yummy, three kinds of bread for making toast, hard boiled eggs, a variety of cold cereals, variety of muffins and pastries, a selection of juices, milk for cereal or the kids, coffee, tea etc. Also there were plenty of bananas and apples. All the condiments to go with the offerings were there for the taking. I thought they did an excellant job with this self serve meal. There may have been more items there that I didn't notice as well but we opted for the waffles and eggs so didn't really notice all of the other things laid out there. Except for the lighting, I really don't have anything negative to say about the property. The windows open but there is also good air conditioning so you really don't need to open them and be exposed to outside noise. I slept well without outside interuptions. The bathroom was clean, spotless actually and they have walk in showers with seating at the ends which is great for small kids. The shower head worked really well and even with my long hair, I didn't have problems getting the soap out of my hair that I sometimes have problems with in hotel showers. Overall I think it was a great place to stay, very close to the American Girl store at Lynnwood in the Alderwood mall which was actually our reason for visiting and staying in that location. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Thanks, staff, you are doing a great job in my opinion. Oh and they have compimentary wifi that actually worked, another big plus. And parking is also free. Our trip was a mix of family and friends and there is no choice for this option in the review.

Room Tip: apparently the rooms on the third floor have temperature controlled air, the one we were in on the s...