“Great staff and location”

Residence Inn Seattle North/Lynnwood Everett
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I'm not sure why there are so few reviews on this place. The hotel was fairly busy. The place is basically composed of I believe at least 10 separate buildings, with several apartments to each of them.

Location
If you're into shopping, this is prime real estate. Across the street from Target, World Market and Kohls, and less than a 5 minute walk to the huge Alderwood Mall. Forgot about circling that mall for parking, just walk there! Trader Joes, Nordstrom Rack, Toys R Us are all about 5 minute away by car. The Keg is across the lane, and many restaurants at the mall (Claim Jumpers, PF Changs, etc).

Check In
Wonderful welcoming staff. They gave us coupons to use at the Mall. Very helpful advice. Reception is in its own building. Nice fireplace, business center with free computer use, a small library to borrow books, 2 nice sized tvs and the eating area.

Included buffet breakfast is always a bonus. Not too bad. Sausages to eggs to fruit to steamed rice to waffles. Nice selection. The seating area is small, so we had to wait for a few minutes before a table freed up. It was nice to see people cleaning up after themselves as I didn't see any cleaning staff during meal time. Another bonus is they provide free light dinners Monday thru Thursday. We never got to indulge in that, but the menu looked nice. Every day is different, would loved to have tried BBQ Tuesday.

Amenities
Walking around the compound can be confusing, but follow the sign to reception. There's an outdoor pool, basketball court, bbq area, a fire pit area, and an outdoor seating area in the middle. For those that stay here long term, these are nice touches.

Room
We requested a quiet room, so we were placed in the back (we had to drive from reception to the back). Ample parking throughout. We faced a stone wall. Extremely quiet. The front units face the busy street. Very spacious. A seating area with flat screen tv, a desk, a kitchen table that could sit 4, a king bed, and a fully stocked kitchen. Full sized fridge with ice already in the trays, and a jug of chilled water. Nice touch. Stove and microwave, with all the utensils. Cutting board, plates, cups, etc. Microwavable popcorn and tea in the room. The sink for the bathroom is located outside the bathroom. The bathroom is on the small side, but manageable. Clean.

This place is not going for the dark wood look that many hotels are updating to, but I liked the decor. Simple. Nice heat/air con unit that worked well. Not too loud at all.

We were in the main floor unit, so we did hear some foot steps from the upstairs unit. Wasn't that loud, don't get me wrong. Just noticeable.

I believe every unit has their own outdoor area. We never used it, but again a nice touch.

We had a baby stroller, which made getting from the car to the path a bit challenging as there were 3 steps from the parking area into the walking path area. In addition, we had another 3 steps to walk up to get to our door. I looked around and not every building needed stairs to get into the main floor units. Did I mention that all the units have their own separate outside entrance? Don't picture this as a hotel that you wander around inside. In order to get to any of the rooms, you have to walk outside from reception. It was nice to get fresh air every time we opened the door.

Check Out
Different staff, still very friendly. We checked out just as they were bringing out freshly baked cookies. Not bad! Genuinely friendly and chatted to us as if we were old friends.

Overall
Great walking location, just park and shop. Very good option for those staying long term and don't want to eat out all the time. Free food is always good. Definitely would recommend this place.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank wanderlost16
LynnwoodGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle North/Lynnwood Everett, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Wanderlost16,

Thank you for your kind review! We are just a block away from Alderwood Shopping, and a number of major retailors and restaurants. We have a seasoned staff who provide excellent service. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to having you stay with us when you return to our area. Thank you again for posting a review!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

As you can see from my other reviews, I stay in the Lynnwood area a lot. But this was my first time at this property. Honestly, I tried the hotel because I needed to be in the area and wanted to pick up a few Marriott nights to maintain my Platinum status.

My stay included Halloween which is an important part to my review. While this is a very average Residence Inn and, I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of this suburban version of the format, the staff here is just wonderful. On the night before Halloween, they threw what they called a Harvest Festival complete with a dinner of fried chicken, salads, hot cider, Halloween cupcakes and more. The staff was all dressed in amazing costumes worthy of Hollywood. They hosted pumpkin carving, games and other activities. As a busy business traveler, I didn't participate, but it was so nice to see how much fun the families with children were having. The staff seemed to be having an equally fun time.

My reason for the average rating is that the property is really average -- getting from the parking lot to the room requires a lot of up and down stairs which isn't a lot of fun in the dark and rain with luggage. The room I was in had a wood burning fireplace which resulted in the room smelling like a recently extinguished fire. The hotel is a bit awkwardly located in Lynnwood -- just about all of the other national chains in Lynnwood are in better locations. But the bed was comfortable enough and the room was clean.

But if you're a fan of Residence Inn, I don't think you would be disappointed and would be greated by a really lovely staff.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Pasadena2257

Dear Pasadena2257,

Thank you so much for posting your review of our hotel! Every few months, we host more of a party at our Evening Social. We find that it is nice for those travellers who are on the road away from family and friends. I'm glad you enjoyed watching the festivities, and I appreciate your kind words about our team here. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future, and thank you for being a Platinum guest with Marriott!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We were in the Seattle area for one night and needed a convenient and quiet place to rest before our long drive home. We were very pleased with our stay at this property. We were particularly impressed with the front desk staff as it was the easiest and fastest hotel check-in we have ever experienced. Our suite was an upper unit and it was very quiet ... we never heard any noise at all and the hotel was full. We would highly recommend this property and will stay here again when in the Seattle area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear MarrPat,

Thank you for your review of our hotel, and for complimenting our friendly staff. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found your suite quiet for a night of rest. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you visit the Lynnwood area. Thank you for reviewing us!

Georgia Borg-Leo

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Not only is the Residence Inn a nice motel for a weekend stay, but "it can also be a home". In my business, we have multiple occasions to put people up for longer periods of time... up to a month or more.
The Residence Inn is more like an apartment than a motel, providing a kitchen, living area and bedrooms. The Lynnwood Residence Inn is maintained at a high level, is near I-5 and I-405 for easy travel into Seattle or Bellevue, WA. and is very close to Alderwood Mall, a huge regional shopping area.
All of our clients have reported a high level of comfort, a feature for which we have much appreciation.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear PeterGunnOne,

Thank you for your review of our hotel and for taking the time to explain how ideal we are for longer stays. Although we have guests stay with us for short and long stays, we are ideal for the longer stays due to the size of our suites, with full kitchens and living areas. I am happy that your clients have been very comfortable and that they enjoy our convenient location to local businesses, shopping and restaurants. We look forward to serving you and your associates when you need a hotel in Lynnwood. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Located close to the Alderwood Mall and next door to the Keg. The backside faces a rock wall. I would ask for a room there, it was very quiet and we slept well. The rooms have been redone recently, granite countertops, full size stove, dishwasher and refrigerator. They have a breakfast in the morning which includes waffles, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage, fruit, yogurt, cereal, juice. During the week they have a manager reception which can be a light meal. They allow dogs here and charge $15 per night with a maximun of $75 per stay. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the property, it faces a rock wall and it is very quiet, away from the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank juliebug52
LynnwoodGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle North/Lynnwood Everett, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Juliebug52,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that your suite on the rock wall side of our hotel was very quiet. Our kitchens have all new stainless steel appliances, new cabinets, granite countertops, new flooring and new tables/chairs. It's a great convenience to have a kitchen for preparing meals, or just storing food in the full size refrigerator during a stay with us. Our daily hot buffet breakfast and evening social (Monday through Thursday) are options for a convenient meal as well, and all are complimentary! We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Lynnwood Marriott. Everything was clean, the breakfast was fantastic, and everyone working there was helpful and friendly. We liked everything about the hotel with the exception of the unusually thin towels, and more importantly the awful pillows. The bed had plenty of pillows on it, but they somehow managed to be both flat and hard. The comfortable bed and nice dark room should have made sleeping easy, but the pillows made it rather uncomfortable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear KWBoyd,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Please accept my apologies that the pillows in your suite were not up to standard. We are in the process of replacing all worn pillows so please be assured that you will find quality pillows when you return to our hotel. Each king bed has 3 foam and 2 feather pillows to provide a comfortable night of rest.. It was good to know that you found everything very clean, and that our associates were friendly! It is always good to get feedback about our guests' experiences here so we can make further improvements. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We decided to stay at the Lynnwood, WA location as we were coming by ferry to Edmonds and would be attending the convocation at the U of W next day. We thought this location would work well, near Edmonds and still close to Seattle, without being too close. Our mistake. We should have paid a little more to stay at the University Inn or other Seattle locations. We wanted to watch the Oregon v. Arizona football game and we were please there was 32 inch HD TV. Turned on ESPN and what we saw was a low definition presentation. You couldn't make out any details except for blurred figures running around the screen. We called the front desk and they could not help us find the HD chanels, if available. Beside that the room airconditioner was too loud and inconsistant with mainting an even tempreature.

The following week we stayed at the Homewood suites off Elliot in Queen Anee area (near space needle) and was pleased to find out they did have HD on their TVs so we could actually see what was taking place on the TV.

Room Tip: Stay in room away from freeway.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Charlie V
LynnwoodGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle North/Lynnwood Everett, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Charlie V,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. I am so sorry that we were not able to resolve the problem with HD on ESPN at the time you were watching the football game. We have HD channels for both ESPN and ESPN 2, and even our basic cable provides a clear picture, so I am thinking that something must have been loose with the cable connection if the picture was blurry. I have reviewed this issue with my Front Office team so that they know how to better serve our guests when someone is having difficulty accessing our HD channels or having problems with cable reception. We do have channel guides in every suite listing the HD channels. I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to better serve you when you need to travel to the North Seattle area.