“Very nice spacious hotel and breakfast to boot!”

Residence Inn Seattle North/Lynnwood Everett
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Mission, BC
“Very nice spacious hotel and breakfast to boot!”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel before. We come down from Canada to visit Alderwood because of it's central location to Outlet Shopping. It's right by Alderwood Mall, just south on the I5 from Tulalip/Seattle Premium Outlets and north of more Ross and Marshall's stores. It's near plenty of restaurants as well so you could walk to them from the Marriott.

The staff here is so pleasant. Really go out of their way to accomodate you. First thing in the morning, huge smiles on their faces as they go about their day and this makes a difference. No one wants a grumpy person while they are on vacation. We were very late checking in as we did Seattle Premium outlets on the way down to the hotel, and they gave us a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie because we were tired ! lol . Very cute and thoughtful.

The hotel itself is very clean and comfortable. There is a pool, gym, and hot tub. I did see a conference room so I believe they are set up to handle large groups as well. We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite as this is the room I stayed in before and offers plenty of space for two couples. You enter this room and you have a livingroom on your right with a flat screen tv, a kitchenette to your left with a table that seats four. Straight ahead are french doors leading into a Queen Bed bedroom and it's own bathroom. As well as you head upstairs and there is a King Size bedroom in a Loft Style and the vanity is outside of the bathroom that has the tub and toilet. There are two flat screen tv's one in each room as well. There is a sofa in the livingroom that also pulls out to be a bed. So in fact this room could sleep six or seven if you have small children.

The buffet is pretty decent for it being included. There is a hot breakfast - Scrambled Eggs, Sausage or Ham, Waffles, toast. Then there are many bread options - bread, bagels, english muffins. All juices, water, tea and coffee. Then you have fruit, yogurt and cereal too. You want to check the times of breakfast which they usually let you know at Check in so that you don't miss out. Excellent value.

My two complaints which are minimal and do not impact whether I would come again because I would in a heart beat... Are that, the last time I stayed here and this time that I stayed again, the housekeeper put one dirty glass in the dishwasher and ran the dishwasher. Now I am not preaching that I am the most greenest person but this is a waste ! When I came here with my girlfriends they did it and we were shocked. One glass was used, why did they run the entire washload to wash a glass ?? But two years later I bring my family and one glass was used the first evening and we happened to be in the room when housekeeping came and they did the same thing !!!! One dirty glass and ran the whole dishwasher?? Can you imagine .. How many dishwashers are at this hotel and how many times they get run for one glass??? I think the glass should be removed and replaced and added to maybe the house dishwasher so they can all get cleaned together -- or wait unti the end of the stay and just maybe place the glass in the dishwasher until you see what other dishes there will be. This bothered me. Also, when she came in to do housekeeping she never vacuumed upstairs only downstairs and it's floor and baseboards are carpeted.

Other than those two things this place is the only place I will stay when I go outlet shopping. Best value, best staff, and best breakfast. And the beds are really comfy too :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Choose this place on a recommendation of a friend. She was not wrong! We booked a 2bedroom suite and were pleasantly surprised at home nice, new, clean & spacious the suite was! We will definitely book here again in the future. The brwakfast was decent, as was the price, & the staff ate friendly & helpful-you never feel like you're wasting their time! Thanks everyone (especially Michelle) for an absolutely wonderful stay! Oh and did I mention there's a great mall and several great restaurants right around the corner? :-)

• Stayed August 2011
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We stayed at the Residence Inn, Lynnwood, and attended a Mariner's game. Nice room, great front desk service, great breakfast, great ball game. They accidently checked us into a room that had not been cleaned but quickly found us a clean room and made up for it with lots of free beverages. We had good time and would definitely stay here again.

Camano Island, Washington
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Have stayed here numerous times and it's like home away from home when the wife and kids are with me as they were on my most recent visit. The penthouses are great in that they have upstairs and downstairs bedroom each with their own bathroom....much like a two bedroom apartment. Very clean but the daily maid service missed a few details each day....such as replenishing shampoo and coffee creamer, emptying the coffee pot, etc. But really not a big deal. They've upgraded the TV's to new flat screen models that are very nice with one in the "living room" and one in each bedroom.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 28, 2011

After a bad experience with the Marriott hotel group in Portland, we were very much impressed with our room or should I say 3 rooms (2 bedrooms and kitchen/living/dining room the Residence Inn Lynnwood! With 2 kids under 3, it's great to have a kitchen and not have to go out for dinner every night with fussy eaters. We were there from a Friday to Tuesday and the location was perfect for us to explore Seattle and surrounding area and also to meet up with some friends who live just outside Seattle. I didn't get a chance to explore the mall, but I would love to go back some time without the kids coz every store you can imagine seems to be in the Alderwood Mall. We had breakfast most mornings, not a massive selection but considering it was complimentary I think it was quite good. We also ate in the Keg restaurant across the road and would definitely go back there again too. Both my husband and I had a delicious steak and the waitress paid attention to every detail. My husband's cheesecake was so big that it did the both of us for 2 nights!! No problems with housekeeping, the place was cleaned completely every day. What I thought strange though is that they gave us clean towels every day even though we would hang our used towels up, happy to use them again and do our bit for the environment. We used the laundry twice which is great to have that onsite. All in all, a great stay and would definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
American living in The Netherlands
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We stayed here for more than three weeks in a studio apartment. The location is fantastic for shopping at Alderwood Mall and for access to the freeway into Seattle and North to Vancouver. The location is not good for Seattle. It is a bit out of town and traffic can be a bear.

The best thing about this place was the staff. Always ready with a small, helpful tidbits and overall friendly and very happy people.

We didn't like the food available but we are picky eaters. If you are looking for a quick meal to feed your family, Residence Inn does offer dinner/ snacks on week nights. Nachos are awful, but the burgers are okay. We did some picking/ choosing and went out or cooked ourselves a lot.

The weight room was very suitable and had free weights as well as machines. There is even a small lending library near the business center.

The only negative thing about this particular Residence Inn was the housekeeping. Really hit or miss. Sometimes it was all right and sometimes I wanted to complain, but didn't. They didn't clean up around the sinks or clean the tubs at all. The replenishment of soaps and things were all right, but not for daily coffee. Why? I just bought my own. A small thing but worth mentioning.

I would definitely stay here again. The laundry room was kept super clean and my kids used the pool. We enjoyed this hotel.

Room Tip: Great shopping nearby