“On par for an Embassy Suites, but internet charges spoil the deal”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle North Lynnwood
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Reviewed January 5, 2013

If you are familiar with Embassy Suites hotels, then you know what you're getting: A room with a separate bedroom, free breakfast in the morning, and drinks/appetizers on weeknight evenings. This was perfect for me, as I was travelling with my teenaged son, and we needed a door between us, but didn't want to book two separate rooms. All the hotel furniture and decor seemed to be in good shape, and nothing looks run-down or worn-out to me. The sofa bed provided a comfortable night's sleep, and we appreciated the mini-fridge and coffeemaker.

But $5.99 per day, PER DEVICE, for internet access? That's a deal-breaker for me. Between us, my son and I had four WiFi-enabled devices, but it would have cost us over $20 per day to enable all of them. I found myself saying, "You can use WiFi on your iPod, or on your laptop, but not both", at which point my son asked if I could drop him off at the nearest Starbucks. We were already paying $110+ per night to stay at the hotel; charging for WiFi feels like nickel-and-diming.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank KGill

Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed here for our 35th Wedding Anniversary.

A 2 room suite (Sitting Room and Bedroom) ran about $130 (After the governments share)
Both rooms has a LED TV

The Hotel was very nice.

Staff was attentive and friendly.

Breakfast was,besides the regular fare, made to order omelets (expertly made)

We did not try the in house restaurant, although it look very inviting.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank XardozCom
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Very nice and comfortable hotel. Staff were very pleasant and room was plenty big enough.
Bed was nice and cozy. Breakfast was terrific.

A couple of small issues:
1. Couldn't check in until 3:55pm. Check in was 4:00pm, I have never stayed at another hotel with such a late check in. I arrived at hotel at 3:15pm and had to sit in lobby with my bags until room was ready at 3:55pm. A couple of folks checked in after I arrived and were able to go immediately to their room. Not sure why I couldn't have gotten one of those rooms? I was told that room assignments were completed and the front desk could not change them.
A little rigid don't you think? (especially for tired travelers)
As a Hilton Honors member I expect more from the Hilton Brand.

2. Managers reception had great drinks, strong and a variety. Snacks were so-so. Chips and salsa and veggies with dip. Not sure that qualifies as appetizers :)

Swimming pool was wonderful with a great waterfall, sauna and jacuzzi.

Loved the cheerful Atrium to rest and visit with others

Stayed here while my house was being remodeled in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Monilad
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Good hotel. Atrium in the middle of the hotel. My one-room suite was big, had a comfy king bed, 2 LCDs, and a large bath. Free drinks and snacks during happy hour and made-to order omelletes for breakfast included. Near mall and restaurants and the water is just 15-min away. Will definitely stay here again on my next trip up here.

Room Tip: Happy hour - free drinks and snacks. made to order omelletes form breakfast
1  Thank ima1derer
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed for two weeks. The atrium area is nice but noisy especially at the weekends when there are a lot of families in. There was an unpleasant smell for a few days which was probably something to do with the drains. The Manager's reception and breakfast were both good. The room was comfortable although a bit gloomy for my liking; there could have been better lighting and the dark coloured décor didn't help. Staff were all friendly.Useful courtesy bus to the Alderwood Mall about 2 miles away; this was especially good in the evenings as it meant restaurants in the mall were accessible and no worries with having a drink and having to drive back.

McCarthys restaurant on site was good and reasonably priced. I found the seating uncomfortable and preferred to sit in the bar which had an excellent selection of drinks, good service (thanks Brad!) and good atmosphere.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel is overpriced and overrated. We had to stay there for 2 nights with our hockey team for the Lynnwood Minor Hockey tournament. We booked our room 2 mnths in advance. Besides that we didn't get any group discount (a better deal was at places like hotels.com than from useless "team code" provided by the hotel), the front desk staff were not welcoming at all. I arrived with 2 kids at 2 pm and was told, that our room was not ready and we would need to come back after 4 pm. It was quite disappointing, because we had our first game at 3:30 pm and hoped to at least drop our bags and change after traveling from Vancouver, BC. We stayed in the lobby for a while and discovered to our surprise that most of our teammates who arrived before and after us got their rooms already. I came back to the front desk clerk asking if she could check if our room was ready, or maybe we could get another room, since not all people from our team arrived at that time. The clerk ignored me and called her manager to talk to me (like I was demanding something special?!) The manager came out with a stone face and said that she could not help us; that they were busy & check in time was 4 pm. When I asked about other room, she replied that they already spent some time in the morning assigning all rooms to the families, so she would not waist any time to change anything because of us. When I said, that it was not very nice way to treat their customers and that we would probably not stay there again, she said she didn't care.

Besides that cold welcome and unhelpful indifferent front desk staff, the room was OK for the price, but the beds were very uncomfortable and it was always very chilly in the lobby, halls and restaurants. The buffet was super crowded with long line-ups. The pool area and pool itself were too small for the hotel this size, therefore quite crowded.

I travel a lot for business and with my family and that was one of the most disappointing experiences.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Genie K
EmbassyGM_9, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle North Lynnwood, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Genie K.,

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry that you felt in any way unimportant and not welcomed properly. This is not typical of our hotel and staff even on a very busy hockey weekend. Every guest is very important to us, so I have addressed these issues with our team.
The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience what Embassy Suites is known for: truly award-winning hospitality. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I am staying at this hotel for the 1st time now. This hotel was more than my expectation. Room is 1BR. Once you enter your room, You don't see the bed abruptly like other hotels. Small sink is equipped to the room, refiridgerator, 2 big samsung TV in each room, many electric outlet, steam iron, amenity is "crabtree and evelyn", coffee machine is also equipped with individual filtered coffee pack.

Since we are from JAPAN for biz trip, arrived the hotel around 1:00 pm, very exhausted after the more than 13 hours of flight. Wow! the front lady kindly made an early check inn for us!

At night, 5:30-7:30pm, there were free cocktail hour with free munchies,like nachos, olives, Japanese rice crackers and vegitables.

Since we did not have a car which my company does not allow to rent it, So, we wonder how we could get to the down town for sight seeing. The kind front lady taught us to take the route 512 sound transit bus to get to the down town. $3.50 is the fare for single ride. The bus terminal is approx. 10min. walk from the hotel.

Breakfast is also very good, and inside pool was filled with kids.The atmosphere of hotel is as the hotels in orlando, very relaxed and comfortable. And we got the strong connection of internet.So, we could use our iphone without any problem.

1  Thank torampoline0907