“Very Nice Hotel in a Great Location”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle North Lynnwood
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Lynnwood
Niles, Ohio
“Very Nice Hotel in a Great Location”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this location a couple weeks ago and had a wonderful stay. He travels a lot for business and is a Diamond Member of the Hilton Honors program. Sometimes this means nothing and sometimes it means a lot. This was a case where it meant a whole lot as we were given a complimentary upgrade to the Presidential Suite! The staff was professional and friendly upon check-in and our room was wonderful. I admit it helps when you have a full living room, dining room, bath and a half and large bedroom of course. The managers reception was nice with the standard drinks and snacks. The complimentary breakfast was very good...in fact one of the better ones at the Embassy Suites where we've stayed. There were lots of hot and made to order offerings as well as continental items. Everyone was friendly and the service was great.

While we didn't use it, the pool area looked fantastic with a waterfall in the pool itself. The fitness room also looked very nice. The location was great....very close to shopping areas and restaurants. We were returning from a day at North Cascades National Park and this was a great location to stop as it was on the northern part of Seattle. We were there on a weekday so we didn't run into the noise level that you sometimes get at Embassy Suites on the weekends.

This was a great stay and I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Melody B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stay at this hotel with a number of friends attending a convention in the area. The staff and the hotel were excellent. The free Happy Hour was a big hit and gave all of us a time and place to gather in the evening.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank RodM07
Blaine, Washington
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We have always loved staying at this hotel however, My wife had left some expensive shampoo in the room and we called right away on our way back home and told them to hold it for us. When we went back down there they said that they did not have it, even after we were told that they save everything, even toenail clippers that people leave in the room. We were pretty much told that we were making it up...prob because they dont want to admit that the maid stole it, I unsterstand why they would not want to admit this, but hey all we wanted is to be comped for the shampoo that is now missing, so bad policy to not take care of customers. Because of this I could not recommend staying at this hotel. And my wife and I would love to go back, but would not unless they take care of the issue !

Room Tip: Dont stay here unless you want to get your things stolen !!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Zac R
EmbassyGM_9, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle North Lynnwood, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
There are many things about this post that are disconcerting, but the one that is most troublesome is the accusation of theft. What can you say, how do you respond?

I can tell you that the alleged "thief" is a fine person and a wonderful employee. When discussing this issue with her she was crushed. He response was heartbreaking, "how can this person call me a thief, when they don't even know me?"

We currently have over 125 items in Lost and Found. We send back nearly 300 items a year to our guests who leave them behind. We do have some items that no one would claim due to their value and we have other items, personal electronics, etc. that guests will call for and we will send back. We have six different bottles of shampoo in Lost and Found right now. Lost and Found is a high priority for our team and our housekeeping department.

When I spoke with this guest I let him know that it just so happened that I had one IPod, one cell phone and a portable hard drive sitting in front of me on my desk that we were trying to get back to their owners. I also explained that jobs in our county are hard to find and our ladies in housekeeping would not jeopardize their employment for an item they found in a suite. I went on to say that if we had the shampoo we would be happy to send it back to him. The case was, and is, that we do not have the shampoo, we did not steal his shampoo, and we are sorry for his loss.
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The hotel was just okay. We were placed on the ground floor, outside of the courtyard where breakfast/meals are served and in the morning, when you were trying to sleep, the sound of children echoed off the building and sounded extremely loud. Perhaps if we were given a room higher up this would not have happened. Our room's carpet, felt "some sticky" and we made sure we kept our shoes on! This was not enjoyable. Because we were on the ground floor with people walking past our room frequenly we kept thet the living room curtains drawn, making for an extremely dark room as the other window was in the bedroom.

The best thing about this hotel was the buffet breakfast in the morning. Great selecton of food, hot omlettes, etc.

We went to the pool after 9pm and all was quiet until a big group came in with lots of kids... can't remember the exact time that it was "adults only" but, again, the children were extremely loud

I won't stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank richmonite
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 10, 2011

The location is excellent being so close to shopping and about 30 minutes from SeaTac Airport. The front staff was not overly friendly. Never acknowledged that I was an Honors Member. I had requested an early check in and when I arrived 2 hours before regular check in the front desk staff acted like I was putting them out. I knew there was no guarantee so I told them to call when my room was ready and they did. When I returned I told them I had to add a 2nd adult to my room since my sister surprised me and they were again put out. Rooms were excellent, comfortable and clean. Breakfast was plentiful and good. The evening reception was nice as well.

My reason for visiting Lynnwood was to spend time with m grandchildren who were staying with me at the hotel to swim and visit. The water was so cold I could barely put my feet in. They advertise as a heated pool. As each guest came in they were all complaining and the hot tub was packed since the pool could not be used. The hot tub jets also did not work. A maintenance person came in on our first day and I told him about both the issues. He didn't speak just walked over to the switch for the hot tub and pushed it like I didn't know how to turn it on. As he walked out he said " it's broken". When I asked about the cold pool he made no comment and just walked out. On my last day they put a note on the door of the pool that they had to get a part for the hot tub. I promised my grandchildren a vacation with a pool and I can't explain the disappointment of a 4 and 9 year old that I hadn't seen for a year.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Orlandosnowbirds
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I came out to visit my husband, who stays there for business - and was SO impressed with how dedicated and caring the staff are toward their guests. Kevin Olsen, the manager, makes sure that the guests have what they need, assisted by staff members like Becky, Naja, and Jennifer! Tammy Adams is creative and takes care of all the details. Their warmth and sense of humor help travelers like my husband feel much more "at home" when they are far away. They went the extra mile to answer questions, be helpful, and in general made it a fun and relaxing stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Nancy R
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Stayed over a weekend. Arrived Friday night, just in time for Manager's reception: snacks and sodas or alcohol, and then dinner at their restaurant. Along with us were a high school reunion, a wedding party/group, meeting attendees, and business folks for the nearby commerce center. Had breakfast Saturday and Sunday. Hot food with full breakfast items. Clean and spacious rooms. Had a 2nd floor room, away from the freeway but above the pool - only noisy with the kids until bedtime, so quiet stay otherwise. A well-liked hotel by various people for various reasons. Pleasant staff and all very efficient. Also nice to have the business center open 24/7 at no charge.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor and away from the freeway.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple