“Pro tip: these nice folks haven't heard of wedding industry markup”
Review of El Ranchito

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Ranchito
Ranked #33 of 64 Restaurants in Lynden
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Last summer (2012) when I was planning my wedding, my mom and I priced out countless restaurants and caterers, from the Golf and Country Club to BBQ food trucks. We called El Ranchito on a whim just to see if we could buy their tasty pico de gallo in bulk, but the restaurant owner quoted us a full meal (chicken fajitas, beef chile colorado, rice, beans, salsa, coleslaw, tortillas, chips) at less than half our lowest bid. They were friendly, professional, and just downright awesome.

There are newer reviews for El Ranchito

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Our experience was horrific. The waiter was creepy and kept asking if we were ready to order, and our menus were still opened and we told him we needed longer. I asked for a glass of white wine, they dont have any, so i ask for a glass of red wine, they dont have any either. So i ask for a margarita, and the waiter brings it to me in literally 23 seconds. Obviously it was from a machine and it was so bitter and undrinkable. We order and my boyfriend goes to the bathroom and sees the waiter in the back area itching and digging in his butt with a full hand. He didnt tell me this until we left or i would not have eaten, but i did eat and the tortillas were crunchy/stale, the carne asada was blah. We went home and were sick in a weird way for a couple days, i wont get into details but we will never, ever go back here.

2  Thank Princesscava
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

El Ranchito is one of our favorite places to go for authentic Mexican food. My Hubby & I love the Sizzling Beef Fajitas. We get the Fajitas for 2 & always have plenty of food. We also love the Pico de Gallo that is brought to your table with chips. The staff is very friendly & the owner treats us like family. Great place for a table for 2, but can handle larger groups as well.

1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The food is SO bland! And extremely overpriced for what you get. Burritos consisted of meat wrapped in a tortilla. If you're looking for a good Mexican restaurant (excellent in food, service, and price), try Chihuahua's in Ferndale.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Chips came with both salsa and pico gallo and the food was well prepared. Prices are reasonable. Service is very nice.

Been to El Ranchito? Share your experiences!