“Missing Dutch pastries” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Prescott, Arizona
“Missing Dutch pastries”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Was looking for some traditional Dutch pastries - but was disappointed - most of the items we did purchased were excellent. The muffins were average. Staff needs some training in Dutch Treats - as the name implies.

Visited October 2013

Washington
“Classic Diner with Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I like traditional diners with good breakfasts. Dutch Treat also has home made donuts that are yummy. Full lunch menu too. I'm fond of the Turkey Club myself. Sandwich huge and can feed two people.

Not fancy. Cozy booths. Huge milkshakes.

The farmers sit at the back table, drink coffee and solve the world's problems. They all look at you when you walk in. It's funny.

Mostly one family works there.

The old breakfast diners are a dying breed. Too bad.

Visited October 2013
Lynden, Washington
“Much worse than previous visits”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

It saddens me to write this review, but I feel compelled to do so. This is my third visit to the Dutch Treat, which means the previous two were enjoyable enough to draw me back. This time I came with family from out of town. It was a mistake.

The server was a sweet and friendly as can be. That's a plus. But for the first time ever, I ordered a Bacon Cheeseburger with fries. Actually three of the four of us did. The burger was a frozen pre-formed patty, and the fries were frozen dumped from a bag. I could have made a better burger and fries at home for far less money.

Then the odd thing was that two of us were ready to order and two were not. So, the server took the first two orders and started them while the other two decided what they wanted. That means that two orders arrived at the table sooner then the other two. My sister and I waited, letting our meal grow cold, while my wife and brother-in-law sat with no plate in front of them.

It was just not a good visit this time.

The milkshake, however, was as good as ever.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lynden, Washington
“Good menu, Good Food, Nice staff, Reasonable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is one of our favorite places to eat lunch. There are enough items on the menu to satisfy nearly anyone, the food is tasty with ample portions, the prices are reasonable, the servers very nice and the location close to the center of town. It can be crowded at times as it is a favorite of locals. Try their shakes/malts.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Lynden-Tom
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The food here is great. It is definately a small town feel, which I love. It is nice to go into a place & feel welcomed like you are walking into their home. And the milkshakes are amazing.

• Visited May 2013