“Much worse than previous visits”

Dutch Treat Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 64 Restaurants in Lynden
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 22, 2013

It saddens me to write this review, but I feel compelled to do so. This is my third visit to the Dutch Treat, which means the previous two were enjoyable enough to draw me back. This time I came with family from out of town. It was a mistake.

The server was a sweet and friendly as can be. That's a plus. But for the first time ever, I ordered a Bacon Cheeseburger with fries. Actually three of the four of us did. The burger was a frozen pre-formed patty, and the fries were frozen dumped from a bag. I could have made a better burger and fries at home for far less money.

Then the odd thing was that two of us were ready to order and two were not. So, the server took the first two orders and started them while the other two decided what they wanted. That means that two orders arrived at the table sooner then the other two. My sister and I waited, letting our meal grow cold, while my wife and brother-in-law sat with no plate in front of them.

It was just not a good visit this time.

The milkshake, however, was as good as ever.

There are newer reviews for Dutch Treat Restaurant

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is one of our favorite places to eat lunch. There are enough items on the menu to satisfy nearly anyone, the food is tasty with ample portions, the prices are reasonable, the servers very nice and the location close to the center of town. It can be crowded at times as it is a favorite of locals. Try their shakes/malts.

1  Thank Lynden-Tom
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The food here is great. It is definately a small town feel, which I love. It is nice to go into a place & feel welcomed like you are walking into their home. And the milkshakes are amazing.

1  Thank Dink1525
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Went for a late lunch one day, but had to wait an extremely long time because the cooks had to fill a large amount of take-out orders before they could do the in-house orders. The food was ok - nothing great.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

This little cafe/restaurant is a gem. It doesn't look like much just driving by, but inside it is very clean and cozy. The menu consists of burgers, sandwiches, and breakfast foods.

My wife and I ate here last evening for the first time. Everything about this place shouts "small town cafe." Everyone knew everyone (except us). The customers helped themselves to what they wanted and threw cash on the front counter as they left. When we arrived, another customer said, "Just pick a place to sit, and I'll go tell her (the waitress) you're here." He just walked back to the kitchen and announced our arrival. It was classic!!

When the food arrived, the portions were far larger than I expected, and it was delicious! I had to work hard to finish my meal. The chocolate shake (in the mixing tin) filled my glass three times!

We will be back ... many times.

1  Thank Mr_Parsnips