“Long Wait for So-So Food”

Dutch Treat Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 63 Restaurants in Lynden
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Lynden, Washington
“Long Wait for So-So Food”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Went for a late lunch one day, but had to wait an extremely long time because the cooks had to fill a large amount of take-out orders before they could do the in-house orders. The food was ok - nothing great.

Visited August 2012

Lynden, Washington
“No Curb-Appeal, but Great Food”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This little cafe/restaurant is a gem. It doesn't look like much just driving by, but inside it is very clean and cozy. The menu consists of burgers, sandwiches, and breakfast foods.

My wife and I ate here last evening for the first time. Everything about this place shouts "small town cafe." Everyone knew everyone (except us). The customers helped themselves to what they wanted and threw cash on the front counter as they left. When we arrived, another customer said, "Just pick a place to sit, and I'll go tell her (the waitress) you're here." He just walked back to the kitchen and announced our arrival. It was classic!!

When the food arrived, the portions were far larger than I expected, and it was delicious! I had to work hard to finish my meal. The chocolate shake (in the mixing tin) filled my glass three times!

We will be back ... many times.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Mr_Parsnips
Hamilton, Montana
“Great food”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I particularly enjoyed having tater tots with my hamburger. Best shakes around.

1 Thank Ed1941