“Fab food”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great food and a nice setting though on the expensive side ($4.10 for a glass of iced tea - yikes!) They were nice about splitting a burger for my friend and I and the ambiance is great.

4  Thank Shirley A

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I visited the much waited for opening of the Steakhouse 9 Bistro in Lynden Washington. We weren't disappointed! The Bistro has been given a complete facelift which has been long in coming. Instead of a cafe atmosphere it offers a real Bistro feel with booths, tables and a situp bar. The servers are knowledgeable and professional and the Chef definitely knows what he's doing. We shared an Italian Foccacia sandwich done to perfection. We have been to Italy 3 times in the past 5 years and this sandwich was authentic. While I wouldn't draw conclusions on one visit I would recommend giving the Bistro a try. We'll be back and as well we are planning to give the Steakhouse 9 restaurant a go.

4  Thank DonCar65
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I read the two bad reviews and I had to wonder if we were in the same place. Never been here or to Lynden for that matter, but this place was very impressive. We were coming to the Homestead Resort for the weekend to play golf but knew nothing about the place. We heard that you needed reservations so we did and we were greeted at our time and promptly seated. Everyone on the staff was very friendly and attentive. Wait staff was very knowledgeable and although they have only been opened for about three weeks it is obvious that the management team has paid a lot of attention to detail with their training.Great touches like three different salts presented for different foods. And the menu, we started with caesar salads for my wife and our friends and I had the tomato bisque soup. Both were excellent. The pace of the meal was just right. We had ordered a nice bottle of Mobec and were enjoying the wine after the soup and salads. They followed with a complimentary sorbet with champagne to cleanse the palette prior to our entries.

I ordered the 10oz prime rib, medium rare and it was done exactly the way I like it. Sure did look like a huge 10oz and I ended up taking a good size chunk home. The horseradish sauce was a perfect accent to the prime rib.The gruyere potatoes and asparagus were great. My wife had the rack of lamb, also medium rare and it too was perfect. This came with a tasty polenta cake and grilled broccolini. Our friends split a larger cut of the prime rib and they plated them both with no extra charge.

All in all it was an excellent meal and the bill for us was only $109 including a bottle of wine. Definitely a 20% tip for great service. We don't live close but if we ever pass that way we will make it a point to come back.

2  Thank Jimboflyguy69
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Hostess was very rude. Food was so so. Not worth the money. Disappointing; had potential but executed poorly.

3  Thank Rmg7321
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great food, great staff, awesome design....and that is just the Bistro side! Cannot wait for the Steak House.

2  Thank MWHan53