“Won't come back” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Lynden B&B and Inns
Ellensburg
“Won't come back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I will be looking for another place to stay next time I'm near Lynden. Here's what I'll be looking for: A clean environment without odors, reasonable beds, slightly updated furnishings compared to the Windmill Inn. I'm not too picky, and have stayed at econo motels before. This particular establishment is one that I wouldn't return to visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Jj N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Nanaimo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We arrived in Lynden after leaving the Days Inn in Mt Vernon where we were so disappointed, and did not stay after seeing the room. We just needed a clean bed to sleep in until the border opened the next morning. I believe that this motel is under new ownership and it looks like they are trying to spruce it up. The room was clean. The people really nice. It's not a "new" place. It has very old furnishing and still needs some fixing up but we will try it again in the future if we are in the area again

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Stef D
Farmington, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We arrived in Lynden tired and hungry after a long day of driving ... only to find out it was the last day of the local fair in Lynden. We got the last room and were afraid that it would be unsuitable. Wow ... we were wrong! The room was large and super clean. There was a microwave and fridge, so we went off to the store to get meals we could cook and eat there since it was getting quite late by the time we got cleaned up after 2 days of camping. After eating, we relaxed on the comfortable beds and enjoyed the fresh air coming in the open window. On the grounds were picnic tables and a grassy area, and we were able to park right in front of our door. The next morning, we had a straight road to our Canadian border crossing.n This was a perfect place for us on this night.

Room Tip: Our room had 2 beds ... quite roomy!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Barbara E
Washington State
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I came to town at the last minute to attend a class reunion and this was the only room available for 15 miles...The room smelled good, the sheets and towels were clean and the bed was surprisingly comfortable. You are looking at a place probably 40+ years old with little or no updates. For a room to sleep in get on the road first thing it will fill the bill..but I am glad my wife didn't come as we would have slept in the car! Let your conscience be your guide.

Room Tip: Try to stay in Bellingham
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank tricitiestraveler47

Travelers are raving about these Lynden hotels

Lynnwood, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I know its the best price around (if they honor the price they listed) I am not a high class person, and my husband might be the farthest thing from a high class person. We were both disgusted. First the light didn't work in the room, the smell was unbearable. and the service was beyond rude and I didn't feel welcome to stay. I read the negative reviews, was willing to settle, for pricing reasons. I thought that reviews were over doing it. DONT GO. SAVE YOUR MONEY. stay at a bus stop instead, probably have less bugs any how... at least bus stops have lights.

Worst part other then the itching, smell, no lights, was for sure the HORRIBLE unwelcoming service. it was my wedding day and honestly was expecting a run down place. This is beyond that, horrible service, smells the R.V. parking was the least of my worries..

I can not express this enough, DONT go. I agree with the post don't support this business. This building deserves new management. The windmill was the only cool thing about the whole place.

Im making an account on this site, just to save other guests from the mistake I made. Don't believe the slim good reviews there are, this place is a trash can with a windmill above it seriously. I would have paid a hundred extra dollars to goto any over priced hotel, rather then stay here again. Next time option A. other hotel B. alley way I wont ever make this mistake again I hope.

Room Tip: ANY other hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jessica h
Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

When we first pulled up i actualy thought it was a run down apartment building. The woman at the desk was very nice but upon entering the room we were instantly hit with the most unbelievably bad smell i almost turned around to check out but it was the only hotel in the area with a room available. It truely was the dark spot in a beautiful little christian town.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Amboobean
Richmond, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We arranged our reservation through expedia and upon arrival got a very friendly greeting, very helpful. Room (#22) was large, clean, cute, older furniture but quaint room, quiet, beatiful view over the fields, close to food, coffee, groceries etc.
Ignore the nasty reviews and realize some people are never happy or satisfied!!!

Room Tip: Room 22 was at the very end of the hotel with nice view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lynden
Baymont Inn & Suites Bellingham
Oxford Suites Bellingham
Oxford Suites Bellingham
#1 of 28 in Bellingham
5.0 of 5 stars 328 reviews

Been to Windmill Inn? Share your experiences!