“Where's the smoke”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Blaine, Washington
“Where's the smoke”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The sides are very good . The Brisket and pork ribs are very tender , lacking flavor and no smoke /BBQ aroma or tast . Even with a nice outter bark on the brisket ,no smoke ring or flavor . The place was clean , good people /service . Free ice cream when you are done. Ten years in Texas and doing my own BBQ at home I can say the meat was good quality but needs time in a smoker/BBQ not the oven.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Tim L

Burnaby, Canada
“Lots of food, bang for your buck!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We went there with another family, 10 people in total. I was amazed with the amount of food that the XL family meal included. Kids under 12 yrs old eat free on Sundays. The mac n cheese was very cheesy and tasty! Ordered beef brisket, pulled pork, pork ribs, which were all good.

They have 3 BBQ sauces that you can use, original, sweet, and spicy. Drinks are bottomless, and they have a soft serve ice cream machine to top off your meal.

The tables are moveable, so we put 3 tables together.

• Visited August 2012
Ford, Washington
“Reasonable price for great bbq”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Granted, I'm not exposed to fabulous bbq on a regular basis, but I was very pleased with the food at Dickey's. The prices seemed reasonable for the amount of food that came with the meal. I had two entrees- pulled pork and pork ribs, and both were fantastic. Green bean side was lame, but the waffle fries were great. I left stuffed and happy. Note- free ice cream cones if you still have room at the end of the meal. The restaurant is nothing fancy- just tables and chairs, no ambiance, but you don't go to a chain for the atmosphere. Give it a try- your stomach will thank you.

• Visited June 2012
Langley
“Just average”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Was ok. At best!! the staff are friendly and work hard. Nothing special. the prices are average, and avarage quality. Guess we were expecting more. try spmewhere else.

• Visited June 2012
Bellingham, Washington
“Good sides, okay meats, filthy bathroom”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were wary of Dickey's because it's a chain operation, but the overall experience with the food was pretty good. The side dishes, often strangely unimpressive even in some of this country's BBQ meccas (I've done Kansas City and Chattanooga TN in the last three months), were actually the best part of the meal (get the mashed potato casserole!). The ribs will please many because they are fall-off-the-bone tender, and I mean almost to the point of not staying in one piece before they get to your mouth, and I know many people love that. But my preference is for meat done enough to pull away from the bone easily but not fall off all by itself, so I wasn't as happy as I might have been, and the brisket was a bit dry.

Btw, we ended up with the brisket as a fill-in, as at 2:00 they didn't have enough ribs to fill an order and more wouldn't be out of the smoker until 6 p.m. Iced tea was great--the real deal, not instant.

The one part of the experience that was truly negative was that, knowing I was going to be eating with my hands, I visited the bathroom before sitting down. First big problem: there's only ONE bathroom--and this in a brand new restaurant with seating for 52??? Are you kidding? Worse, that means us gals have to share the loo with all those fire hoses who can't aim straight which leads to our second big problem: NO SEAT PROTECTORS ARE PROVIDED so the toilet seat is spotted with pee. One ends up simply having to add to the mess. One does not leave that bathroom feeling clean enough to eat.

Consider take-out.