“The golf course is average to very good. But Pro shop staff try to rip you off.”

Homestead Golf & Country Club
Ranked #5 of 15 things to do in Lynden
More attraction details
Owner description: Located just on the outskirts of Lynden, Homestead Golf and Country Club winds its way across what was once fertile dairy land and is now one of the real surprises of Northwest Washington golf. This is a true resort course, with wide landing areas and multiple tees for the recreational golfer and length, doglegs and hidden hazards to challenge players with some game. And it is the only course in Washington with a par five that plays into an island green. This beautiful finishing hole has been voted best par 5 finishing hole in the state. We welcome you to join us.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I phoned to inquire about a Sunday afternoon Tee time (1:20) and the advertised senior rate and twilight rate. The senior rate was $50 and the twilight discount was 10% after 1:00 PM. I confirmed that both discounts applied when I phoned (Amy) and made a point of asking whether both discounts would apply. I was assured that they did, so I booked a Tee time over the phone. Otherwise, I would have booked my Tee time on golfnow.com for the same rate.

When I arrived at Homestead to pay for our threesome (all seniors) I was told that the twilight rate didn't apply, because I was already getting the senior rate! I complained and explained that I had phoned the day before and was told explicitly that both discounts did apply, but my protestation fell on deaf ears (Brad and Graham). I paid the over charge, but the next day I phoned back to inquire about it and was again told that both discounts would apply (Sebastian) and was asked to phone Bo (the Head pro) the next day when he was in. I did that and was told that I would be reimbursed the overcharge on my credit card. There was no apology from Bo - sorry for the inconvenience, overcharge, etc. - nothing.

I used to play here years ago using the early bird rate. I recall some incidents where walk on players (usually singles) were occasionally refused the early bird rates, because they couldn't get a Tee time before the cut-off time. The Pro shop staff here seem to be more concerned about squeezing the $$$ out of customers, then customer loyalty and retention.

2  Thank oto65

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Wow! What can I say....I've been to restaurants in Canada and washington and ALL were better then this one.
Waitress: took forever
Food : tiny portions
Atmosphere: dull
Taste : Bland.

I'm 22 and I'm not a big eater....their salad was about 1 cup of lettuce with 1/3 chicken breast....my dad tacos were the size of a kids meal at taco belll (or smaller)....for a better dining experience, I recommend Mcdonald's - at least you won't 'leave starving with a rediculously large bill.

3  Thank G P
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great course. Very well maintained and clean. Lots of water to get into trouble on the front nine but I think a second round would be much better once you had an idea where all the surprises were. Seemed a bit harder than the 128 slope but it is a fair hard course.

1  Thank Jimboflyguy69
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I enjoyed the course for its challenge and the great condition of the greens.The staff are also very friendly .I like the fact your golf cart is bought to you clean and ready to go

Reviewed March 16, 2013

if this is for Homestead in Lynden Wash. , enjoy
very nice, first class. love playing this course
really cheap, great value early morning weekdays