“Last minute honeymoon weekend, great experience”
Review of The Mill Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lynden
The Mill Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Lynden B&B and Inns
Washington State, United States
“Last minute honeymoon weekend, great experience”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I decided to get away last minute on our anniversary and I booked the suite here. OK, there is limited cable TV and no broadband-- but who cares when you have a suite with two baths and a big jacuzzi? This place is great and a great value. We had a wonderful time and would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mark C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I had an event to attend in Lynden WA. Several nearby hotels from known chains were booked. Someone suggested this property to me. I was sure glad they did. Right from the initial experience of booking to the convenience of checking in I encountered super friendly service and a very quaint and unique atmosphere. Lynden was a real treat. I liked everything about it.I would highly recommend this motel to anyone. Additionally I also thought that the town of Lynden was one of those get away spots that I would love to return to. I didn't realize that something that nice was only minutes south of Abbotsford BC. It's well worth a detour across the border or a day trip from Vancouver. The dutch shops, antique stores, bakeries and the nearby tulip festival had something for everyone to do.

Room Tip: I was in Room 5 and it was very large and clean. It had plenty of dutch touches to make it seem like...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Mark B
Reviewed December 17, 2011

At first you get fascinated with it. A good place to just relax and do just nothing. Charming and quite place. The challenges are that you do not have a front desk and service is extremelly limited. Also, I bough some souveniers from their store I paid in cash and did not receive a receipt. I did the shopping in my way out and they offered to leave it in the room for me and so they did. When I got home, I was missing items from my purchase. I called them back and they told me that since I paid cash and have no proof of the missing item, there is nothing they could do for me. This is an small place, family owned!!! I cannot believe that for under $10 they will argue with a customer and doubt the person that just left more money in there. It was very shocking to me and changed all the good feeling I could have bring home from the place. I was planning in bringing my husband back for a just parents weekends as an special ocassion but, after this, it is just a big turn off!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank rosita2020
Chelsea D, General Manager at The Mill Inn, responded to this review, January 20, 2017
As of 2016, this property is under NEW OWNERSHIP and has been COMPLETELY RENOVATED!!!

With passionate owners, dedicated staff, stunning rooms featuring a unique old-world design and new mission statement, the goal of our beautiful hotel is to provide guests with an experience like no other, treating each guest like the very important person they are. We are so sorry that your experience at the Dutch Village Inn was poor, but we hope you will come stay with us at The brand new Mill Inn!
Des Moines, Washington
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stayed Rm #3 the room was ok but the maintenance isnt geting done broken tiles around tub so we laid towells over so we wouldnt cut are hands on, broken tiles around sinks, faucets not working right, exhaust fan in restroom not working.
I think this was once a nice place but now i think it has a slum lanlord ( which is also the word around town) iam betting that is why the rest of this building which has a indoor mini mall space is almost vacant but could be the neatest place in town.
Area has great landscape, good museum, great food at Dutch Mothers, but drive to bellingham for a hotel room

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank todd m

Reviewed July 20, 2011

nice people, nice place, clean, very quiet, excellent location. my place of choice if i have to do it again! thank you.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank rosita2020
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed June 10, 2011

It was a wonderful experience with great ambience! My husband & I loved how each room is decorated with a theme of the different regions of the Netherlands. We wanted the experience of staying in a windmill. Our room had a hot tub and was very romantic. The room was very clean, the bed very comfortable & the staff were wonderfu,l especially Jaime. Lynden is a small, conservative & religious town so everything is closed on Sundays. The Agricultural parade showed this community's pride in their livelihoods( altho the narrating pastor was really annoying)! Loved the Klompen Dancers and the Dutch motif!. When we had some rowdy teens partying in the parking lot across the street the Lynden police did an awesome job of dealing with them!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lorena070
Sorrento BC Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Tired of walking into a hotel and it looks like the last one you stayed in ?
Room look the same ? heres' the place for you. My wife and decided to take a spur of the moment trip [ the best kind]. We wanted a place to stop about 4 hrs from our home, so looked up Lynden for a place to stay. We were lucky enough to come across the Dutch Village Inn and liked to reviews and pictures of the rooms. I made a phone call and talked to a very nice lady and luckily room #2 was still available, so I booked it. After paying $15 for a disgusting burger in a pub in Hope BC [ wish I could remember the name so I could write a review] we crossed the border with no problems and arrived in Lynden about 3pm.
Although the girl at the desk was busy doing 3 things at once [ looking after us, making a phone reservation and looking after a store customer] she was very friendly and kept smiling [and was nicely dressed]
We were so pleased with our room that this is why I am doing this room. Fantastic is a good word. Although this is an older hotel it is obviusly well looked after. Yes there is the odd chip of paint missing or a scratch here and there but it is spotless. The TV is only a 19" but is very clear. The jacuzzi tub is fantastic and works great. I could go on and on but will close with "tired of the same old ? try this great place.

janron9
Sorrento BC
Ps. To the owner. How do you keep your butts from sliding in the jacuzzi. My wife and I would be busy chatting and enjoying our beer when I butts woulkd slide out from us. Made for some good laughs.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank janron9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lynden
Oxford Suites Bellingham
Hotel Bellwether
Hotel Bellwether
#9 of 26 in Bellingham
Best Western Plus Country Meadows Inn

Been to The Mill Inn? Share your experiences!