“It's Special!”

Lynden Dutch Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Lynden
Description: Historic Lynden Dutch Bakery, established in 1907, in downtown Lynden, WA. We offer a full array of delicious baked goods. We start each morning with freshly made donuts from scratch. Each day our bakers craft scones, muffins, cinnamon rolls, pies, cookies, fresh baked breads, rolls and sweet breads, dessert bars, parfaits, cakes and more! Open at 7:00, stop in for a hot breakfast and coffee, meet your friends for lunch and enjoy our full deli line, sandwiches made on our own fresh baked bread & soups. Grab an espresso, drop off treats for the office or sports team, then take home a pie for tonight and a coffee cake for the morning! We've got your covered! Enjoy the quaint atmosphere and the warmest staff while you are here, you will leave feeling like family!
Woodinville,WA
“It's Special!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Whenever we visit Lynden, we just have to stop here. We felt fortunate today, as they even had our very favorite "Olie Bollen", which normally is not available except at Christmas or New Years. These are deep fried( yup, not super healthy, but oh, well) cake dough round balls rolled in sugar. They are soooo good! A local resident said you can sometimes order them in advance ( not sure of quantity) other than those special occasions. They did have them available for the Fair this week in Lynden. They're appx. 80 cents each, or 70 cents each, if you buy a dozen. If you go, be sure to stop and indulge!

• Visited August 2013

Mount Dora, Florida
“All Looks Poor Flavor”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

When we walked into this bakery we immediately wanted one of everything we saw. The pies were particularly attractive, offering seasonal fruits which we assumed were prepared on sight. The display cases were filled with yummy looking muffins, tarts, scones and cookies. We were just buying a few treats so we skipped the pies. We purchased a few cookies, some muffins and a loaf of blackberry bread.

The basic cookie was OK. The shortbread was tender, moist and flavorful. The lemon filling destroyed the cookie. If you intend to destroy a lovely piece of shortbread with a bitter commercial attempt at lemon curd, I would prefer to simply have the shortbread. The M & M cookies were OK, but nothing special. I could get the same thing from Safeway's.

The cream cheese muffins seemed soggy, as if they had been caught in a shower. The blackberry bread tasted nothing like blackberries, and I suspect it will sit in the cupboard for a couple of days before one of us just tosses it out.

This bakery seems as if it started with some good concepts and excellent recipes, but has given way to short cuts. The products are all attractive, but seriously lacking on the flavor scale.

Counter service was fairly quick, but the young girl who waited on us obviously had her head in some other location. She filled our order incorrectly twice, and when we got to the car we realize she had charged us for two items we did not receive. She was not mentally in her job at all.

I would return to this bakery and try a few other items. I really cannot believe such beautiful pies would not taste fantastic, and the little blueberry tarts looked great. I would give it one more try before I crossed it off my list. In the meantime, I will not recommend the cookies, the muffins or the fruit bread.

• Visited August 2013
Lynden, Washington
“Best Neighborhood Bakery”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

When you visit Lynden, WA you must visit the Lynden Dutch Bakery. With a definite small town feel and small tables where you can sit and enjoy a cup of coffee with your pastry or stop by for lunch.They have many goodies to choose from and some of my favorites are the Scones(with raspberries or the cinnamon glazed ones) or the Dutch delight muffins or the Holiday OlieBollen. They also have excellent homemade soups( the split pea is my favorite) and good hoagie sandwiches to go with it.

Visited May 2013
Lynden
“Gluten Free Goodies”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This has always been a great bakery. Since, I started eating GF a year ago, I'm delighted with their wide selection of those types of pastries. The other great thing is pricing is very reasonable. On the not-GF side they have fabulous sub sandwiches, pies, muffins, etc. Chairs and tables if you want to sit and enjoy your purchase.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Paula H
Vancouver, Canada
“Great local bakery”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I love to stop here on the occasional trip I make from Abbotsford into Bellingham. I always quietly hope that today is the day they are serving their absolutely amazing Ollie Bollen (apple fritters). They are truly spectacular still warm with a latte. Nothing makes me happier on the usually rainy drive.

Why don't they make them every Saturday (for example) instead of just super rare occasions??? They would increase drop-ins for sure.

My only itty bitty complaint, aside from the infrequent fritters, is it takes sooooo long to make lattes. Seriously, what do they do that it takes so long? Service is amazing, don't get me wrong, it just seems beyond complicated back there. Just sayin..... Now if I had my hand in a warm fritter bag more often, I probably wouldn't notice....

• Visited March 2013

Been to Lynden Dutch Bakery? Share your experiences!