“Good Food but service was slow”

Jake's Western Grill
Ranked #7 of 64 Restaurants in Lynden
Dining options: Reservations
Description: From catering to dine-in and take-out, Jake's Western Grill's service is top-notch and our food is even better. Whether you're looking for the best BBQ near Lynden, WA, a juicy burger piled high with toppings or a fresh, crisp and hearty salad, Jake's is sure to please. We're family-friendly; dine in or take out. Happy hour (Monday through Friday from 3 to 6 p.m.) features 1/2 price appetizers. Ask about event catering too! Hope to see you soon at Jake's Western Grill, located 20 minutes north of Bellingham, WA.
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have driven past Jake's several times and always wanted to try it. I finally got to go for the first time on Thurs Aug 22. I got there after lunch about 1:30. I was impressed as it is nicely decorated in a cowboy theme. I was seated right away by the waitress and given a menu, she also brought me a beer but I asked for a few more minutes to place my order as it was my first time there ...which means come back in 2-3 minutes not 10 minutes like it took her. There were only 3 tables including me but the waitress completely forgot about me, she went back and forth between the kitchen, answering the restaurant phone and her service station. I was sitting at the table right next to the phone and front door so she saw me the 2 times she answered the phone. My menu was face down on the table and I was looking at my iPhone so a waitress that was good would see that I was ready to order but not this one. I chuckled as the table tent menu says "lunch served in 15 minutes or you get it free", I guess that doesn't include the 10 minutes it takes for the waitress to come back and take your order. Normally I would get up and leave as I can't stand poor service but I had time to kill and I was enjoying my beer so I played with my iPhone and waited. Finally she came back and I placed my order, the food came fast, it was good BBQ, big portions and tender tasty meat. Will I go back ? Probably as the food was good but next time I want a waitress that serves her customers like she is supposed to.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Our family loves the relaxed atmosphere, amazing food and great service we receive every time we visit Jake's! The cornbread served before the meal is always warm and delicious. The pulled pork and rack of ribs are our favorites.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Alright, it was my honeymoon, and I picked the worst hotels, it wasn't going as planned. This place made up for it! Great service, me and my husband had a platter with a little bit of everything. and EVERYTHING was GREAT! good corn bread, great ribs, I should've written the review sooner so I could've remembered more. Honestly I have to do a repeat visit (with a different hotel) just for Jakes. Its not a huge building, but I recommend this place too anyone. Prices aint bad ether :) couldn't be happier with this place. (Don't stay at the windmill inn up the street though)

Jakes is in my opinion the best place in town, glad we picked this one.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Went to Jakes Friday night with a group of 12 service was excellent as was the food and size of meals, will without a doubt return

1  Thank weinner2007
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We ate dinner at Jake's last night and had a great experience. I had a cheeseburger with a side of mac and cheese and my husband had a pulled pork sandwich with a side of baked beans. Everything was delicious! For dessert we split a chocolate chip cookie sundae (which arrives fresh from the oven in a mini cast iron skillet). Our server was very friendly and attentive. She deserves 5 stars for suggesting the yummy cookie sundae. We'll definitely be back!

1  Thank Theincrediblelunk