“Great view campsites”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lopez Island
Lopez Islander Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lopez Island
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I really enjoyed camping here last year while biking around the islands. It is close to town, has a swimming pool and hot tub, a nice restaurant/bar and no one bothered us or made us stay in a specific spot on the grass. It is a wide open area, but is gently sloped to maintain the views. Most campers were respectful, but like most campgrounds there are the party animals that want to share with others. I'm planning on returning this year, it is that good.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We travel here every year on our boat and it was my favorite summer get away. The poorly trained dock staff got in our way rather then helping us during docking. My credit card number used for reservations was stolen a day after I made the reservation and I can't help but wonder if it's because they write it down on a slip with your name, address, phone number, exp date and security code and leave it on the front counter until the guest checks in. Then they file it in a box that sits on the front counter. The facility was dirty and at breakfast, the waitress was wearing her slippers. The morning cleaning people went into the bathrooms to clean but left them as dirty as they were prior to being cleaned. The worst part was the yacht with the live band across from us that could be heard all the way in town. When I asked the owner/manager if we could sit on the patio and play cards until the music was over she said no, that's for paying customers. I am a paying guest here for relaxation and all I want to do is sit somewhere that isn't vibrating from the blaring music. The other front counter person said people staying in the resort were complaining, people who live on the island were calling to complain as were other marina guests but the owner told me that boat was a guest too and wasn't willing to ask them to stop, find out how long they were going to play or even turn it down. She was willing to sacrifice the experience of many who were complaining for the experience of ONE. We went for a relaxing weekend but it was anything BUT. And to be told that many people had complained but the guests with the band were paying guests shows how out of touch with reality the manager is. People were leaving and going to eat elsewhere so they lost customers in their restaurant that night and I know we won't go back to the marina. She didn't even go outside to see what the fuss was about! For the price they charge and to call themselves a resort, they need to have better service, a serious deep cleaning, better training for staff, a dress code for staff, a more professional reservation / check in system and training on how to handle difficult situations. They need Hotel Impossible to pay them a visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank akjohnson7486
islandservice, Owner at Lopez Islander Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

This festive yacht club group did have a very good band on a 70 foot boat who played for a while although this music ended at 7:45 pm at which point that yacht club all went to dinner tpgether. I was on the dock wearing a Resort uniform and I observed guest enjoying the music. I did not recieve any complaints on the dock from custormers that Saturday and the resturant was busy throughout the weeekend. Office paperwork is stored behind locked doors.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

This was my third visit to Lopez Island, and the first time I've stayed at the Islander. My husband and I enjoyed our visit! The owner and staff are friendly and welcoming. The rooms are spacious - we stayed on the second floor and had a great view of the water (we recommend rooms 28 and 29). The restaurant has a good variety of dishes to choose from (we loved the coconut shrimp). Definitely check out the live band on Friday/Saturday nights - they know how to rock! The Islander is a great representation of Lopez Island - laid back, cozy and super friendly. It was an ideal weekend getaway from the hustle and bustle of city living. I highly recommend visiting the Islander!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank botec
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Arriving early the staff was cordial and welcoming. Our room at the Islander was second floor with a beautiful view of Fisherman Bay. The room was sufficiently large for the two of us and was very clean. Microwave, coffee maker and small refrigerator were in the small kitchen area. We value a good night's sleep, and the bed was comfortable, firm and supportive.
The deck provided seating area to enjoy the scenic view from sunrise to dark of evening,
The new swim pool with wind protected surround was refreshing and close proximity to our room. We also used the hot tub.
Islander Restaurant breakfast and dinner menus provided a variety of foods which were reasonably priced. The wait staff were pleasant and efficient. Food was tasty and prepared as requested.
Our time on Lopez was pleasant, enjoyable, relaxing and enhanced with our stay at the Islander Resort. It was a wonderful time for us. Jerry and Florene - Burien, WA.

Room Tip: Second floor provides private deck area with great view of Fisherman Bay.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Florene F
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I headed up to Lopez for a weekend with some friends and stayed here on a Saturday night. Disembarked from the float plane right onto the Islander dock and had a cocktail in my hand within minutes. Excellent access to town on foot, bike and kayak rentals on site, and a pool and other facilities that can make it difficult to leave. Rooms are simple but clean and spacious. Mine had an amazing view of the bay. I would almost go back just for the ambiance, coconut shrimp on the deck in the afternoon sun, and cod and eggs in the morning. The staff are incredibly friendly and make one feel immediately at home. The nightly house rock show also takes requests and may even let you join in if you have sufficient gumption and/or talent. Generally, a great low-key spot for a vacation weekend in the San Juans.

Room Tip: Get a room with a deck view of the bay.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I’ve been coming to Lopez for a while now and this is my first time staying in the Islander. The experience was fantastic. Lopez itself is a super laid back spot; an ideal escape, trading city life for utter relaxation and fun. The resort is in a central location close to the village, market and beach hikes. The resort is casual and unpretentious, and the rooms comfortable. The staff and owners of the resort are super, friendly and attentive. They really make sure you are having a great time and have loads of ideas for things to do in the area. We stayed on the second floor and had sweeping views of the harbor. The resort has a new well equipped gym, and outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi, which we took advantage off. The restaurant and bar are especially fun. The food is good (you should definitely try the coconut shrimp and roast prime rib dip sandwich.) No matter what, make sure and go to the bar on a Saturday night … the live band is brilliant! I’ll absolutely go back and next time I think I’ll fly … the float plane drops you right at the door …rockstar

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2011

clean rooms, with comfortable beds, but nothing fancy. This is a great place to stay for a night. We had family with a boat that could not accomodate all of us so we booked here. Pool is fun for the whole family with a windbreak surrounding. Restaurant is O.K. but again nothing fancy. We walked into the town about 15 minute walk for yummy farmer's market and bakery amongst the shops.

Room Tip: Bike and kayak rentals right in front of the resort.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
#3 of 11 in Friday Harbor
Rosario Resort and Spa
Rosario Resort and Spa
#2 of 5 in Eastsound

Been to Lopez Islander Resort? Share your experiences!