“uninhabitable room”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lopez Island
Lopez Islander Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lopez Island
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Last weekend we stayed at the Islander, expecting a lovely view and room, as the price was not inexpensive. But when we walked into the room it smelled terrible, and the worst part is the carpet was soaking wet, as if it had just been shampooed and the water not extracted. When we went to the office to get another room, the office was closed. We slept in a sickly-smelly room with our feet soaking wet feet and cold whenever out of bed. Plus the pillow case was dirty.
We talked to the desk clerk the next day and she promised to have the manager call us, but she never did. I called the manager the next day and she promised to refund our money on our credit card, but never did. An absolute disaster, so stay anywhere else on the beautiful Lopez, but NOT at the Islander.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank lady1007

Reviewed September 30, 2010

This was my third time on Lopez and all 3 times stayed at the Lopez Islander Resort. I travel after Labor Day - non peek travel time. This island is quiet and laid back, with a slow pace. This is the only hotel - all other accommodations are B&B's. I like the economy room to save money. This hotel has full service plus bicycle and kayak rentals. Our September 27 & 28 stay was quiet. We had the pool and hot tub to ourselves. We will be back in a few years.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MMWhite
Reviewed July 29, 2010

The islander on Lopez Island is wonderful, service was fast and friendly. The marina is also a great place, the staff is more than helpful and know what they are doing. I spent a week up there and had the best time, the resturant has good food and the lounge had a great band, Temporary moorage. I would recommend a stay at the Islander any time. The islander also has a great looking new pool that was fun to hang around in. Thank you Islander staff for a wonderful vacation. Jody Wessling/ Perozzo

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank swjw1
Reviewed June 16, 2010

What a great place! Loved the location... close the the village, wonderful sunset & bay views, new pool area with nice jacuzzi, saw a couple great bands in the Tiki bar and GREAT Prime Rib for dinner! Staff was friendly & efficient... a very well run establishment.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank STSLive
Reviewed June 7, 2010

My sister and I visited the Lopez Islander Resort over the Memorial day weekend. We had a wonderful visit. The owner, Bill Diller, took care of all our travel needs. His partner, Mary, was also an excellent hostess. It is the ideal resort for the bohemian traveler with an eclectic vibe. The resort also has a great restaurant. It appears to have been recently remodeled, with fresh paint and flower pots everywhere. Comfortable beds and updated bathroom. Our beautiful view from our room/deck consisted of a tranquil marina. The resort has a large heated pool and jacuzzi. A extra bonus was the night life! The owner plays bass in the local band and was suprising good. Our crowd danced the night away. The week end farmers market was impressive with all the local art work. I highly recommend Lopez Islander Resort. I just wish we had more time to take out a kayak or rent a bike and explore. Maybe next visit.

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank honeysunflower
Reviewed June 2, 2010

I stayed at the resort Memorial Day weekend and have numerous times over the past 5 years and contrary to some other reviews I have found it to be very clean and while it's not the nicest place I've ever been to they have made a lot of upgrades including redoing their entire pool and gym. It's a different kind of feel uo on Lopez and if you're looking for a big fancy 5 star all inclusive resort like sandals kind of place this is not the place for you, however if you're looking for a fun, relaxing and laid back island getaway kind of trip where you can forget about your phone and enjoy the Island then it is. The band on Saturday night is fun, the food is good and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I have always enjoyed myself at the Lopez Islander and I will return this summer!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2010

We went by boat from Anacortes to the Lopez Islander Resort in Fishermans Bay. Everything about the trip and our stay was exceptional. The scenery is breathtaking. The morage accomidations are both resonably priced and the staff friendly. If you don't have a boat you can go by Ferry or Seaplane. We had a great time on the friendly Island. Our meal was very good and there was live music to dance the night away! We enjoyed out week end even though the weather wasn't cooperating the way we would like. I highly reccommend the Islander Resort for a wonderful get away to paradise.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
#4 of 11 in Friday Harbor
Friday Harbor Suites
Friday Harbor Suites
#10 of 11 in Friday Harbor

Been to Lopez Islander Resort? Share your experiences!