“Good place for a longterm stay”

Hudson Manor Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Longview
Sterlington, Louisiana
“Good place for a longterm stay”
Reviewed February 12, 2007

If you’re looking for a 5 star hotel this is not the place for you. If you’re looking for a clean, reasonably priced safe place to stay in Longview this is a good option.

Con: I don’t hear it but some people tell me that the garbage truck wakes them up early in the morning.

Pro: Several good dinning options within walking distance. J T's Steak & Fish House is very good.

• Liked — Kitchen unit
  • Disliked — Older property
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank powerplantop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
whidbey island, wa
Reviewed November 25, 2006

First let me say I only require a clean room with a comfortable bed. This room was very dusty and not clean. The room was incredibly dark, funny too, as I mentioned that to the innkeeper and he seemed so surprised, yet I see it in the comments so I'm not the first to tell him. If they cared it would have been fixed. This property does seem to be a low income housing situation. Each room has a table with an ashtray and most occupants are outside smoking. With that first ciggerette in the morning the neighbors are shouting out to each other and of course the guests are woken. Also some of the residents have dogs! The barking was a bit out of hand with nothing done about the noise. The innkeepers web site says new furniture...hardly, the 2 chairs were so old you were sitting 6" off the floor. The bedspread was stained. The room had several artificial plants, covered in dust. I removed the one next to the bed, when I picked it up there was a large ring of dust and grime left. The maid did not clean that area for our entire 3 night stay. The innkeeper has placed some sort of device in the toilet to conserve water, great idea, but be sure the toilet works!
This was a bad situation, if there had been anywhere else to stay we never would have stayed there! And the topper...when you check in they charge your credit card for all the nights stays, plus they have a sign saying if you want a credit there is a $15.00 charge. I travel to Longview every month but I will never never stay there again!

• Disliked — un-clean, so much dust
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay there
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank anita

Travelers are raving about these Longview hotels

Sacramento
Reviewed October 21, 2006

An aging property that has tried to turn the corner on its fate and has some hits an misses. The redecorated room was nicely done with upgraded furnishings, bed and bedding. However, all the lighting is from low wattage powersaving flourescents bulbs making reading and dressing difficult. The TV was the best light source in the room.
Bathroom was not upgraded but still clean and everything worked. Quiet and seemingly safe neighborhood. Use the coupon in the Travelers Coupon Guide and this is a real good value. Close proximity to several restaurants (mostly Chinese) and right across the street from a Safeway.

• Liked — Good value and location
  • Disliked — Limited front desk hours
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring your own lighting
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank curtismapman
Colorado
Reviewed October 6, 2006

As with others, we had a bad experience with poor customer service and unfriendly owners. We were charged additional fees after leaving the premises, without any notice, and were unable to have those fees removed from our credit card bill. Instead of dealing with the situation while we stayed there, and discussing it with us calmly, the owner chose to yell at us and then charge us fees later (for having two additional people in the room - our children). We were never told of their policy when making the reservation over the phone.

In addition, the facilities are drab at best. We failed to see any sign of 'remodeling' - the rooms were dark, the sheets were thin, and the carpet threadbare. The motel is exactly what you would expect for a low-budget accomodation.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — management
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
Portland, Vancouver
Reviewed August 26, 2006

My wife and I have found this property to be a wonderful experience. It is close to downtown but just enough off the beaten path to make it quaint. It is quiet, clean and the operators are absolutely wonderful people. The rooms are appointed in such a manner, that it makes a person feel like they are home. Believe me, we will be staying there alot this coming year. Its a kind of place you go to where you just want to get away from the rat race. We are planning on taking our Goldwing group there this year for a "camp-in".

• Liked — V ery clean and friendly
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pdxgoldwing
New York, New York
Reviewed August 24, 2006

My husband and I stay at The Hudson Manor Inn and Suites each time we come to Longview to visit my family. I can't imagine any other place in the area I'd want to stay. The rooms are always clean, very inviting, and all the amenities I need. The location is extremely convenient and the owners are wonderful caring people. I really like that all rooms are non-smoking and have a nice fresh smell. This little motel is special! I feel if you want to find something bad you always can but this place is our ONLY choice in the Longview area and we have tried them all.

• Liked — decor in & out
  • Tips/Secrets — reserve early, they are always full
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shawns-girl
Rochester, NY
Reviewed July 28, 2006

I made my reservation approximately 8 months in advance. I was guaranteed a rate of $60 by the property owner. I asked for a confirmation number and was told I didn't need one, just her name. Upon arriving, her husband checked me in and told me there was no way I was given that rate and charged me a higher rate. When I tried to talk to him about this he became very hostile and told me that Lynn wasn't there to talk to and that was the rate take it or leave it. (He also said he would talk with her about it and get back to me, but of course, he didn't.) By the time we reached the hotel it was rather late and my kids were tired and I didn't object any further. The room was adequate even though my in-laws room smelled like urine. The area was noisy and had car alarms going off, which left me a little unsettled. Their breakfast was adequate. This was absolutely the worst hotel I stayed at in the two weeks of my Northwest trip. I found it hard to believe that this man works in the service industry and will book elsewhere if I find myself in Longview again!

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank Tweetybeets
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longview
Quality Inn & Suites
Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Kelso

Been to Hudson Manor Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!