“Disappointed - not as described”

Hudson Manor Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Longview
A TripAdvisor Member
“Disappointed - not as described”
Reviewed July 6, 2006

The bath had hair in the tub. The carpet was very stained. The bed was very hard.

There appeared to be a number of people who stayed here on a long term basis, more like an apartment, not an "inn". Many people seen outside their rooms smoking, including the owner. Pets are allowed, so this probably accounts for many of the stains. Saw one individual leave his room to "walk" his dog on the lawn.

We paid and did not stay the night - didn't even care if we got a refund or not - it wasn't worth staying. Did not feel comfortable or safe here. I definitely would not recommend the Hudson Manor Inn & Suites.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
lexington, ky
Reviewed May 17, 2006

We recently stayed at the Hudson Manor Inn & Suites while in town for a wedding. Traveling across country, we arrived at 3 AM. The owner was most gracious as we woke him to check-in. The location is wonderful, close to the interstate, dining locations, and within walking distance to a beautiful lake and Japanese Garden. Our hotel room was very clean, spacious, plenty of room for all our luggage, with an added refrigerator and microwave as a bonus. The bathroom is very clean and plenty of room to move around. Another bonus are the lounge chairs and tables outside the rooms which is very nice if you can catch Longview on a sunny weekend like we did. Mornings were started off with continental breakfast right down the hall....which we loved! A small town hotel with two wonderful owners who make you feel at home during your stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're traveling to Longview or Kelso or just passing through.

• Stayed May 2006
5 Thank shannon p
Washington State
Reviewed December 29, 2005

I am surprised at the other "raving" reviews. I booked a room here just because of the reviews. maybe they don't stay in nice hotels ever, if this is the best they have stayed in.

when I walked in, the dog barked constantly behind a gate, the owner didn't show up for 10 mins. she was nice, and did apologize for not seeing me. she was in the laundry she said. the dog kept barking the whole time registering. rules signs everywhere. "pay for parking, no extra guests, we reserve right to not serve you". "no minors drinking". on and on. signs everywhere. not very welcoming. she took my info, then made me sign a statement that I don't smoke. (never have) and proceeded to tell me the huge fine if there was smoking as they have had problems.

so I get to my room. it reeked of smoke! when I told her (I didn't want her charging me for a smoky room when I smelled it from the minute I walked in) - she came in, sprayed around some obnoxious room freshener on the fake silk tree and the drapes and left saying it only smelled like coffee to her. (nope, it was smoke)then the room reeked of the room freshner and the smoke! I ran the air for an hour to clear it out.

I was also told the door is the only thing that locks, with a small ineffective push lock. it doesn't lock behind you. so I couldn't leave to get ice, or to go to my car without worrying someone would go in. this isn't a very nice area. we had someone trying to get into our room at 10:30. they tried the key and my guy had to get up and grab the door and pound back at them telling them this room is occupied! woke us up and scared us so we coudln't get back to sleep. very loud. had to run the fan to block the outdoor noises and the noises from the rooms around us. old motel, not insulated. it was cold too. only one thin blanket and thin comforter. yes, there were extra pillows. yes, we ran the heat.

wish I had thought to take pics with my digital for an honest look at the "refurbished" rooms. mine was room 11, bottom floor, queen mini suite. the owner said it was one of her "favorite" rooms.

the room was not nice. stains on carpet, and cushions of the chairs. the bed squealed every time I even sat on it. the towels are average for a motel. and bath towels enough for two people to have one for hair and one for body. (I don't call that extra towels.) one lamp wasn't working. they charge to have coffee in the room, you would have to buy it from the office the night before. I think to refurbish this motel a couple years back, they bought some furniture, put a coat of paint on the walls and called it good.

the shower was disgusting. black mold in the cracks and green stuff in the soap holder, cracks in the grout and stains on the floor. there was one tiny rug in the bathroom and if you were barefoot you had to walk on the badly cracked tile floor which was cold and appeared dirty.

the window in the bathroom was very very wet with moisture inside and forming mold there too.

I was not inclined to run around barefoot in the room, the carpet didn't look clean either.

to be fair, the mini fridge, tv, microwave all seemed to work fine. the console that holds these items is a cherry wood, with a glass top. you could see cigarette burn marks on the wood under the glass top. I don't think this is as newly "refurbished" as advertised.

the breakfast was a joke. the waffles, um, the frozen eggo kind you put in a toaster. along with pieces of bread and some plain bagels. there was cream cheese and butter in packets. there was no fruit. couldn't find any juice, so not sure where the "fruit" part of continental came in. the cappucino is one of those oversweet french vanilla instant things you push a button and it comes out, you get half a cup in a small paper cup. there was no regular coffee made at 8:30, but I did see a pot. the "breakfast" room is open from 8 - 10. if you have to leave for work earlier, no breakfast for you. also signs all over again with rules, "if you are a guest of a guest, the "breakfast" is 5.00". another sign indicated if you run the toaster and microwave at same time the circuit breaker would blow. "welcome to green acres" it said.

I ate cold pizza leftover from our room delivery the night before.

sorry, as a government employee who travels a LOT I stay in a lot of rooms. I shoulda stayed at the Monticello, right behind this motel, they give 60.00 government rates for really really nice rooms. this one was 55.00. shoulda paid the extra 5 bucks and gotten better. stay at the Monticello. way better for only a little more money.

sorry this is so negative. I have written many raving reviews for other places as I travel a lot. I just try to be honest and truly try to be fair. this place was mediocre at best.

• Stayed December 2005
8 Thank flwrgrdn

Travelers are raving about these Longview hotels

cincinnati, ohio
Reviewed November 13, 2005

Maybe the best unknown small motel/inn in southwest washington. redone, refurbished and under priced-- dont tell richard and lynne the owners....

everyone is on a first name basis. the rooms have new beds [which are incredibly comfortable] and are more than tastefully furnished.

a definite 'no-brainer' on return trips to the area.

Stayed November 2005
3 Thank bbbbbob
Babson Park, FL
Reviewed June 30, 2005

This is a cute, family owned motel. Our room had 2 queen sized beds, extra pillows, a coffee maker, and microwave. The tub in our bathroom had hair in it (like someone shaved their legs and it wasn't cleaned well.) Otherwise, everything else was clean and spacious. There was an automatic burst air freshener that made a noise, but even it wasn't too bad. Continental breakfast was nice---cappucino, toast, muffins, fruit. I would recommend this motel to others---especially for the price!

1 Thank rplove5662
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 16, 2005

They advertise Best in Longview. They are. From the owners (lynne & Richard) who live on property to the tastefully decorated rooms. Exceptionally clean with new everything in the rooms. There coffee room is wonderful with fruit, pastries, bagles, waffels, juices and cappuchino. They have extras all over the place. Extra pillows, towels, soaps, a fan if you do not want to run the air conditioning, coffee & coffee maker in the room, refrigerator, micro & a hair dryer that made my wife happy. I was dispointed at first that they have no smoking rooms but they cater outside your room with a table, chairs and a ashtray. While I was smoking outside Lynne the owner came over with some chocolates, Wow. She asked if I would like to see one of the suites. I said sure. Our 2 day stay extended to 8 nights in the suite for only a few dollars more. If your in the area on business or vacations I recommend this place out of all our travels this was refreshing. We paid $50.00 a night then $60.00 for the Suite. They even have wireless internet.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longview
Quality Inn & Suites
Town House Motel
Town House Motel
#4 of 8 in Longview
Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview

Been to Hudson Manor Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!