“Unexceptional”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Longview
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Mt. St. Helen's. Our stay was unexceptional - reasonably comfortable and for the price, reasonably satisfactory. Not recommended if travelling with young children - child's playpen-sheet arrived stained and dirty and we had to make do with a folded full-size sheet as they only had the one set of small sheets. Will say that the dining staff was super nice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
qualityLongview_wa, AGM at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with others about your experiences at our hotel. We are very sorry to hear that you experienced a problem with the crib sheets during your stay. Let me assure you that your experience is the exception and not the norm.

We have many families that stay with us and we pride ourselves in being a family friendly hotel.

I hope you had a wonderful visit to the Mountain and a safe trip back home. We hope you will give us another chance the next time your travels bring you to the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Regards,
Barbara Doran

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed here for 2 weeks while working in Cathlamet on business. The staff are exceptional and the amenities are more than acceptable for the pricing. My only complaint, which can't really be attributed to the hotel, is that sometimes the neighbors can be noisy - in the next room as well as McCord motors next door. Overall, however, the single king room is a good home base during business trips.

Room Tip: North side rooms are quieter, and upstairs even more so - no elevator though.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We wanted to visit Mt. St. Helen's on a recent trip and found this Quality Inn to serve our needs. The room was comfortable with a king size bed and a sleep sofa. The breakfast was fine especially with a side of potatoes. It is not right on the highway so it was quiet though I could hear a train whistle in the distance. Make certain that you have a gps or a good map to help you to locate this hotel.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if you come with a lot of luggage you might want a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Glad I found this one, just off the highway and near a school (and several car dealerships). It's best to access from a back street (7th Avenue) that runs parallel to the more commercial streets that covers a major sprawl of shopping centers, eating establishments, and an almost hidden historic downtown section of Longview. Check-in is quick and easy, my room clean and modern, about what I'd expect from a well run Quality Inn. I think this is an ideal base from which to visit Mt St. Helens, and the town (or city?) offers tons of places to do some quick shopping or buy foods. Safeway is also close by as well. You will need your car though, as there was nothing within walking distance. I preferred this to being in the congested areas of town, so that mild inconvenience didn't bother me. The pricing was also nearly perfect (one of the cheapest in the area at the time I booked too)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We spent one night recently at the Quality Inn in Longview WA, and would recommend it for travellers looking for a quiet and comfortable stay. The room was quite clean and the lighting was fine. The bed was too soft to my taste, but not broken down--just soft. The room chair was very comfortble. We expererienced what others have mentioned regarding the sound of walking in the room above--there is not much sound insulation between floors, and when the shower is turned on in the adjacent room, one almost thinks it is in your own room. But most of the time it was quiet and we had a very good night's sleep. A free wifi service was available and worked very well--strength of signal was never low and sometimes was excellent. A free breakfast service was adequate in offerings--biscuits and gravy, a waffle maker, plus four commercial cereals, some small muffins and bagels and bread for toasting. Two flavored yoghurts were on offer and relatively good coffee. However, there are exactly five tables in the breakfast room, each table with four chairs. These chairs can get appropriated by larger parties leaving a table unusable unless one stands. On a weekend morning with family parties, the potential inconveniences may be imagined. Also, for whatever reason, the waffle maker is on a relatively high podium, but parents were letting their children have the thrill of using the machine. The results were mixed, and others had to wait. We opted for cereal and yoghurt. I suppose one could carry food into the other part of the lobby; and there was one bench along a wall. Still, it was good value for money.

Now, the last point is that finding the Quality Inn can be challenging. We had been in Longview city center and followed the arterial toward the Oregon bridge, then turning east on the main road toward I-5. The motel is on 7th St, just a tad north of this road, but there is no means of turning left there as the road is divided and it is the start of the approach to a bridge. SO, if coming from the west direction, the trick is to stay on the right side, and take the 3rd St exit off ramp, then left onto 3rd, under the highway, the left immediately again at the signal back to 7th and the take a right. Coming off of I-5 I am not sure if one can turn directly right onto 7th, but I think that is workable. If approaching from Highway 4 from the Long Beach peninsula, the best bet is to come south on 7th past a series of athletic fields. It's not really that complicated as long as you are forewarned.

And the staff are very friendly and very helpful--our room card gave us a 10% discount at the Applebee's restaurant in the center of Longview.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank shri420
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was working in the Pacific Northwest and the company office is in Kelso, WA. I stay almost exclusively in Choice Hotels properties. Frankly, I opted for this hotel because they had a washer and dryer. My work requires that I have a complete change of clothes every day. Rather than packing 5 set of jeans (heavy) I planned to launder two pair while I was there. Looking ahead, I saw that I was going to have a problem; leaving early in the morning and not arriving back in the evening in time to complete the task before the 10 PM curfew on the washer and dryer.

I mentioned my plight to people at the front desk and the manager told me to bring them to the front desk, pay the $2.00 each for the washer and dryer and she would have them washed for me. I left them at the front desk when I left at about 6 AM and when I returned I asked about them. The were ready and I asked who had dome them and I was told the manager had washed them. What service!!

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the parking lot side; one can see your vehicle.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I recently visited the Pacific Northwest with my Grandpa and we stayed at this hotel the night before we went up to Seattle so that we could spend some time checking out Mt St Helens (which is in the Longview/Kelso area).

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The rooms were clean, well decorated, and comfortable. The pool and hot tub were in good condition and very relaxing. The exterior was well maintained and there was plenty of parking.

I felt that the price was very fair and I would definitely return to this hotel if I am ever in the area again.

Negatives:

Seating was a bit limited in the breakfast area, but they did have a nice variety of food. I ended up eating on a bench instead of a table and saw a few people trying to eat while standing. A few more tables would be a welcome addition.

Lastly, my Grandpa (who is 73) did mention the next morning that the beds were a bit too soft for his liking. He had a little back pain the next day...I am 24 and can sleep on anything so I didn't even notice. Just something to keep in mind if you need an extra firm mattress.

Room Tip: Get up early if you want a table to sit at for breakfast!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longview
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Kelso/Longview
Town House Motel
Town House Motel
#4 of 8 in Longview
Best Western Woodland Inn

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!