“I Will Be Back...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Longview
Atwater, CA
“I Will Be Back...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was working in the Pacific Northwest and the company office is in Kelso, WA. I stay almost exclusively in Choice Hotels properties. Frankly, I opted for this hotel because they had a washer and dryer. My work requires that I have a complete change of clothes every day. Rather than packing 5 set of jeans (heavy) I planned to launder two pair while I was there. Looking ahead, I saw that I was going to have a problem; leaving early in the morning and not arriving back in the evening in time to complete the task before the 10 PM curfew on the washer and dryer.

I mentioned my plight to people at the front desk and the manager told me to bring them to the front desk, pay the $2.00 each for the washer and dryer and she would have them washed for me. I left them at the front desk when I left at about 6 AM and when I returned I asked about them. The were ready and I asked who had dome them and I was told the manager had washed them. What service!!

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the parking lot side; one can see your vehicle.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lafayette, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I recently visited the Pacific Northwest with my Grandpa and we stayed at this hotel the night before we went up to Seattle so that we could spend some time checking out Mt St Helens (which is in the Longview/Kelso area).

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The rooms were clean, well decorated, and comfortable. The pool and hot tub were in good condition and very relaxing. The exterior was well maintained and there was plenty of parking.

I felt that the price was very fair and I would definitely return to this hotel if I am ever in the area again.

Negatives:

Seating was a bit limited in the breakfast area, but they did have a nice variety of food. I ended up eating on a bench instead of a table and saw a few people trying to eat while standing. A few more tables would be a welcome addition.

Lastly, my Grandpa (who is 73) did mention the next morning that the beds were a bit too soft for his liking. He had a little back pain the next day...I am 24 and can sleep on anything so I didn't even notice. Just something to keep in mind if you need an extra firm mattress.

Room Tip: Get up early if you want a table to sit at for breakfast!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Seattle area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Nice rooms, clean, great beds, wonderful bedding, soft towels. We all slept great. Everything was perfect. Loved the free breakfast with the waffle maker. No complaints at all. Ahhhh! Just the way it should be. :)

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lewiston, Idaho, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here on a whim. Just to be close to Mt. Saint Helens. The staff was friendly the room was very clean and Our only complaint was the breakfast items were not keeped stocked, like coffee, gravy, things like that... But there was a varity of items so we made due with what was available. NOTE to other travelers..DO NOT BRING YOUR DOG no matter how small or well hidden into the breakfast room! And thank you to the lady at the front desk for coming over and politely asking the girl to remove her animals.. (they werent there long).
Everything about the stay was good BUT the biggest impression to me was when we called them about 9 hours after we checked out looking for help getting a number to call choice hotel customer service.. We were at another hotel and NOT happy.. They gave us the number and asked if they could do anything else to help.. We said thank you that was all we needed.. WOULD STAY AGAIN! Black Out curtins were a big plus too!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Danielle I
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites in Longview Washington on our way to Mount Saint Helens. I looked at the reviews and thought we’d stay here instead of some of the hotels in Kelso along the highway

We choose well, nice, clean, comfortable room, about what you’d expect from the type of chain and the price range. The bed was comfortable. I didn’t sleep well, but it’s typical for me when I travel, it wasn’t any fault of the hotel.

We had people in the room above us making a lot of noise, it honestly sounded like they had kids and dogs in the room and they were chasing each other back and forth. We let it go on for quite a long time, and then near bedtime, we couldn’t take it anymore. One call to the front desk and it was taken care of.

The breakfast wasn’t anything special, it was a upgrade from the usual pastries and coffee, they had sausages and biscuits and gravy. It was ok taste wise, not great though.

All in all – if we were going to mount saint Helen’s again, we’d stay here again. As quite and comfortable beds are important to us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mansfield, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

I normally like quality inns but this one is in news of updating. Wallpaper in the room looked very worn. Ceiling looked like it had leaked and was yellow and cracked in one spot. Old looking blanket and worn sheets. Very basic for quality inn standards.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tempe, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We need a place to stay after arriving late at Seaac. It became quite humorus on our third trip around the town but we found the hotel to be clean and pleasant. Set your GPS and also keep hotel sites directions close by.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longview
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Kelso/Longview
#4 of 8 in Longview
Clatskanie River Inn
Clatskanie River Inn
#1 of 1 in Clatskanie

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!