“Leaving Stress behind!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Long Beach
Boreas Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Long Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I recently had business in Long Beach and stayed at Boreas Bed and Breakfast. As soon as I walked in, I knew it was just what I needed. Bill showed me my beautiful room and gave me a tour of the shared areas. Everything was just beautiful and screamed comfort.
I started by taking a walk from the property out the back door on path down to the beach. It was as if I had left work and everything behind and could breath. On returning the feeling didn't leave. The inn just has a cozy, relaxing, pampering feel.
A big shock was how comfortable the bed was. I travel a bit and have never slept in a bed that I can compare to mine at home. I could have just stayed here, except I would miss my family ;) Both Suzi and Bill were wonderful hosts and know everything in the area and full of suggestions. They asked what I liked for breakfast and had different options for me and met my needs exactly. The food and fresh fruit was wonderful. Coffee and tea always available.
I will certainly return to Boreas. Hopefully next time it is with my husband in tow and not business, as I can see it as the perfect Romantic escape for the two of us. Can't wait.

Room Tip: I loved the Dunes suite. Ground floor with a door out to the jacuzzi and back yard. All the rooms...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Boreas Bed and Breakfast Inn

Reviewed November 2, 2011

Our weekend at Boreas Inn was peaceful perfection! We felt like family being welcomed home. The bedroom suites were nicely appointed with a cloud-soft feather bed and furniture reminiscent of days gone by. A welcoming and private hot tub offered relaxation and the path to the beach gave time for peaceful reflection. The best part of the trip was the chef quality breakfasts; no communal continental meals from Suzie and Bill! They carefully prepared each dish with love and the presentation looked like something out of a cooking magazine, with fresh, edible flowers adding color and beauty! I look forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: Stargazer room offered peakaboo view of ocean
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2011

It's been over a year since we stayed at Boreas Bed and Breakfast and I wasn't sure right away what to write. I recently got an email discussing some sort of offer and I realized that I not only didn't care to stay there again, I didn't even want to hear about the place any more. Thus, I felt it was time to post these feelings here. I see that another reviewer reported that they were dissatisfied with their not having been told about the timelines for eating and Susie's having been upset with them. I believe what they wrote. Our experience was more having to do with the entire breakfast experience. First, the positive part. Upon our arrival, Bill greeted us and gave us an extensive tour of the place and engaged us in a friendly conversation. We had called and asked about our dietary needs prior to making the reservation and were assured that we would be quite satisfied with an excellent breakfast. Our dietary needs are not complex. We don't eat meat. We do eat seafood and all dairy products. When we were chatting with Bill, we brought this up as a reminder and mentioned that we would like some sort of protein with our breakfast, and he said he would be making an egg dish that sounded really good. Then came the actual meal and apparently Susie decided she was making breakfast and it was going to be a different menu. No concern whatsoever was given to our diet and we were left with a meal that was tasty, but devoid of any sort of protein that we could eat, but plenty of options for those who ate meat. When we said something after it was obvious that all the food that was going to be served was already on the table, we were treated as if we were really putting the kitchen out. Heck, a couple of fried eggs would have been just fine, but I guess that wasn't an option. We were offered some vegie sausage patties made of different grains and flavored to taste like meat, which was in a sort of take it or leave it offer. Frankly, I don't really like the taste of fake meat, but I ate some out of hunger. It would have been just fine if they didn't want to cater to our dietary needs and they had simply told us their kitchen didn't work that way, allowing us to stay somewhere else in the first place. Or maybe if Bill had been allowed to cook as was originally expected, it would have been an excellent meal. Or even if Susie had cared to remember that she had assured us our dietary needs would be considered and she had asked us if the new meal plan was okay. We truly felt that breakfast was going to be what she wanted to cook and anyone who didn't like it had better keep it to themselves. Great location and it was especially nice to meet some of the other folks who stayed there, so overall we had a good time.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank sshifton
Susieatthebeach, Owner at Boreas Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our Inn and your experience here, particularly with me. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. We would like to make it right for you!

I would like to apologize for seeming not to be concerned about your dietary needs. On a two night stay we usually alternate a high protein egg entree on one day alternating with a pancake entree served with chicken sausages or for our non-meat eating guests, a garden burger or other substitute protein on the other day. We also serve at least two other courses, a pastry course and fruit entree. It may be that you were here on a "pancake" day and that indeed is less protein-laden! When guests feel that they aren't getting enough protein on a "pancake" day, we usually scramble them some eggs on the spur of the moment or by previous agreement. We really do care about you and if we seemed to not acknowledge your needs, we are terribly sorry. We usually make people happy, not upset. So when we disappoint, we sure do like to hear about it right away so we can make it right for you immediately and at least feed you what you would like to eat. We are sorry that you felt so strongly and we didn't know it. We will do almost anything to please our guests. If you would like to give us another try, I will do whatever we can to make your experience perfect. We would like to offer you a free night to give us another go. Or if you would prefer to be removed from our mailing list, please advise us and we will take care of that.

Thanks again for your feedback. Again, we apologize for disappointing you. Let us know if there's anything more we can do for you.
Susie

Reviewed September 24, 2011

Lovely three nights at the Boreas Bed and Breakfast Inn. The Inn is located on the Pacific and affords great walks on the beach. All guests have access to the Inn's private jacuzzi. Our room and bathroom were spacious, attractive, and clean also very quiet. The Inn offered a number of comfortable common seating areas. Susie and Bill could not have been more personable and helpful. They know the area extremely well and offer excellent recommendations for dining and sightseeing. They also offer a phenomenal breakfast every morning. We look forward to our return.

Room Tip: The garden room on the first floor off of the diningroom was quiet and had its own private patio loo...
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Boreas is a wonderful get away location, our room was lovely, breakfasts were fantastic, Susie and Bill amazing and the area a pure joy to explore.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2011

From the moment we walked up the fragrant flower laden walkway and into the welcoming entry we felt like we were the two most important people in town. Bill gave us a thorough tour of the house and the grounds as if to say, "This is your home and we want you to feel completely comfortable and able to enjoy everything". And we did! A leisurely walk out to the ocean, a nice dinner in town, a relaxing soak in the private hot tub, and a wonderful rest in the beautiful Dunes room, topped off with a delicious breakfast and rich conversation with the other guests left us with only one regret...we hadn't planned to stay a second night! Bill and Susie have achieved the perfect balance of professional and personal service!

Reviewed August 17, 2011

Without a doubt the Boreas Inn is the best possible place to stay in the Long Beach area.
The location, accommodations, food and hospatality is amazing. For those who have never stayed at a bed and breakfast, you are in for a treat. Susie and Bill will create an experience you will long remember.

1  Thank BobM400