“Very Surprise and Very Pleased!Everyone Is Very Polite.”
Review of Crab Pot

Crab Pot
Ranked #31 of 42 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed November 13, 2010

Because I read the other reviews on how the service was bad and the food was worst. Everything was great,our waiter was very nice and we had 22 people in our party. Two family member were celebrating their birthday.No one was rude to any one in our party and yes our party Is "Black " no racism was shown at all. So if you want a nice place to go I would recommend Crab Pot and sometime you just need to go and check things out for yourself. I'm glad I did and I will go back!

1  Thank jus4gail

Reviewed October 17, 2010

I wish I had read the previous reviews before wasting our money here. First off, we thouught the place was closed although there was an "Open" sign displayed. We walked inside and we stood in an empty restaurant wondering if someone was going to come out of the kitchen area to seat us. After a couple of minutes, a waitress appeared, didn't greet us but grapped our silverware and menues and took us to a table. Then we sat and waited for her to return and eventually she did ... we were her only customers in the restaurant. There was a large sign telling us that there was no crab available. This place is called the "Crab Shack".

We ordered a bowl of clam chowder and a bowl of oyster stew and waited and waited and waited until finally she appeared with our meal. In the meantime another couple was seated and a lone man came and waited to be seated and he finally left after waiting a very long time with no one ever appearing to seat him.

The food was okay but not good , a very bad experience indeed. This place looks fine inside but the service and all other aspects were very bad.

Reviewed September 11, 2010

When I moved to this area, a Realtor recommended the Crab Pot. I bit. The food was horrible. I'm fairly sure they dump the clams and crab into a vat of water and serve it in a pot of Lipton instant soup. This restaurant would be a perfect place for Gordon Ramsey's "Kitchen Knight-mares." Avoid!

Reviewed June 28, 2010

My family, and friends were looking for a good seafood meal. However, we did not find it here. Shrimp cocktail was $7, small, and tasted like frozen salad shrimp. Captain's Platter was heavily coated and deep fat fried - could sure taste the coating but not the food - priced at $23, Hallibut was heavily coated and deep fat fried - priced at $13. Seafood Fettucine was milky and lacked seafood - priced at $18. Crab was plain, tasted muddy - priced at $23 per crab. BL: this place was a hug disappointment for us. Definitely won't be back.

Reviewed August 25, 2009

We went to Crab Pot during Int'l Kite Festival. The restaurant was full and I was anxious to have a whole crab. When we came in, nobody greeted us and we stood there for a while. I finally knocked the kitchen door to let them know that we were waiting for a table.

They had us seated, but turned down all the customers after us. It turned out to be that their last call was 8:45pm and we barely made it. Had we known it, we wouldn't have ordered a bottle of wine, a whole crab plate and a captain's platter. Nobody told us they were closing. As we got served and ate, they started to put chairs up around us and start vacuuming. It was a terrible atomosphere to have $100.00 worth of dinner. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anybody.

1  Thank JPNBEAV

Been to Crab Pot? Share your experiences!