“Terrible food. Malaise service, Sticky tables”
Review of Crab Pot

Crab Pot
Ranked #30 of 42 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed September 11, 2010

When I moved to this area, a Realtor recommended the Crab Pot. I bit. The food was horrible. I'm fairly sure they dump the clams and crab into a vat of water and serve it in a pot of Lipton instant soup. This restaurant would be a perfect place for Gordon Ramsey's "Kitchen Knight-mares." Avoid!

Reviewed June 28, 2010

My family, and friends were looking for a good seafood meal. However, we did not find it here. Shrimp cocktail was $7, small, and tasted like frozen salad shrimp. Captain's Platter was heavily coated and deep fat fried - could sure taste the coating but not the food - priced at $23, Hallibut was heavily coated and deep fat fried - priced at $13. Seafood Fettucine was milky and lacked seafood - priced at $18. Crab was plain, tasted muddy - priced at $23 per crab. BL: this place was a hug disappointment for us. Definitely won't be back.

Reviewed August 25, 2009

We went to Crab Pot during Int'l Kite Festival. The restaurant was full and I was anxious to have a whole crab. When we came in, nobody greeted us and we stood there for a while. I finally knocked the kitchen door to let them know that we were waiting for a table.

They had us seated, but turned down all the customers after us. It turned out to be that their last call was 8:45pm and we barely made it. Had we known it, we wouldn't have ordered a bottle of wine, a whole crab plate and a captain's platter. Nobody told us they were closing. As we got served and ate, they started to put chairs up around us and start vacuuming. It was a terrible atomosphere to have $100.00 worth of dinner. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anybody.

1  Thank JPNBEAV
Reviewed August 15, 2009

My husband and I where looking for a "good" seafood place and thought we would try the CRAP POT, what a mistake that was. I ordered crab and was so dissapointed when they plunked this cold plain crab on my plate. I stared at it and asked if they could heat it up. The waitress looked at me like I asked her to give me her first born child and rudely snatched my crab and took it back and came back like 10 min. later with a barely warm crab ( I am sure it was microwaved or something)! I was so dissapointed my husbands steak and shrimp where awful and my kids didn't even like their food ( pretty hard to screw up chicken nugget's)! I will never go there again, they where rude, way over priced and their food is AWFUL! I can't belive that after paying 74.00 for a meal we walked away and had to get something else to eat. It ruined our trip and I can't stress enough DON"T EAT THERE. I normally wouldn't complain and we usually always like the food we are served, bu this place is gross and they where rude and didn't care that they ruined my family's "special" night out at the coast.

4  Thank momof41978
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Just got back from Long Beach. Long Beach has been visited by generations of our family for decades. July 29 we attempted to eat dinner at the Crab Pot. We had a family of 7, so we called ahead. We were told that they seating available at that time that would fit our party, but that could change within ten minutes. We immediately drove there. When we got there, there were were at least three empty tables that would fit a family of four with room to spare. There were also multiple smaller tables that could fit more than two. We were told there would be a 30 minute wait. I explained that I had just called and was told there was room. Another female was brought out, she berrated me by telling me she had told me that the availability could change within ten minutes. I asked if she could move the smaller tables together, she refused. The table that would have accomodated us was given to a family of four that included two small children under the ages of 5. We left and went somewhere else.

2  Thank lewiskenjodi

Been to Crab Pot? Share your experiences!