“Gave our table away”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Yakima, Washington
“Gave our table away”
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Just got back from Long Beach. Long Beach has been visited by generations of our family for decades. July 29 we attempted to eat dinner at the Crab Pot. We had a family of 7, so we called ahead. We were told that they seating available at that time that would fit our party, but that could change within ten minutes. We immediately drove there. When we got there, there were were at least three empty tables that would fit a family of four with room to spare. There were also multiple smaller tables that could fit more than two. We were told there would be a 30 minute wait. I explained that I had just called and was told there was room. Another female was brought out, she berrated me by telling me she had told me that the availability could change within ten minutes. I asked if she could move the smaller tables together, she refused. The table that would have accomodated us was given to a family of four that included two small children under the ages of 5. We left and went somewhere else.

2 Thank lewiskenjodi

Seattle, WA
“Overpriced and dissapointing”
Reviewed June 22, 2009

Calamari Appetizer was great - shared the surf-n-turf. Salad was plain, crab legs were a pain (my fault for not reading the fine print, and was not given a cracker or mallet) and steak was blah. Potato was so overcooked it was dried out - and overall the food was really expensive. Would not return.

2 Thank RainyDay1235
Federal Way, WA
“Nice bar area, good food & polite staff”
Reviewed May 18, 2009

My fiance and I love this place. We sit in the bar area, which is nice and quiet with a low-key atmosphere. Perfect for some drinks, dinner and conversation with your signifigant other! We sat down and the waitress came over right away with menus, water and asked us if we'd like to order drinks. She returned quickly, drinks in hand and took our order. Our food came in a timely manner and was amazing. Everything was cooked perfectly, just how we ordered it! Crab Pot quickly become one of our favorite places to dine in Long Beach!

1 Thank HawkerChick
Ethel, WA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Frank's Dining Experience”
Reviewed February 10, 2009

My wife and I visited "The Crab Pot" in Long Beach, WA on Sat. Feb. 7, 2009. We were looking for just a small, casual, reasonable priced, seafood dinner.
When we entered, the hostess asked if we would consider eating in the lounge, since now it is non-smoking. We agreed. We found we were the first customers of the evening, about 5:00pm. Our waitress, Diana, was very friendly and courteous. I had grilled oysters and my wife had a chef's salad. I also had a glass of Merlot.
We were very pleased with the meal and the service. We had our meal in about 15 minutes. In fact, I liked the atmosphere of the lounge better than the actual restaurant out front. It could use a little more decor.
I will definitlely return. We had previously eaten at "Doogers", but were not all that impressed.
Frank

1 Thank Frank09
Oregon
“The Third Strike--they're out!”
Reviewed December 1, 2008

My husband and I are frequent visitors to the Long Beach peninsula, and last weekend faced the dreadful news that the Lightship is closed indefinitely. Sooooo....we decided to give the Crab Pot ONE MORE TRY.

We are now officially DONE with the Crab Pot. The prices are absolutely ridiculous ($9 for a bowl of chowder), and the food is nothing to get excited about. Additionally, they are once again re-modeling, so I'm expecting the prices to go up again.

Although we liked the service, the place just isn't worth it.

1 Thank DPitZ

Been to Crab Pot? Share your experiences!