“Disappointing!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch on our way out of town and will not go back. Food was mediocre at best, service less than wonderful and prices ridiculous, even for a tourist destination. A cup of chowder and small salad was $10, the flat wear was chintzy and there isn't even a view! Don't waste money here.

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

when out for lunch on a weekend in Long Beach, I wanted to take my friends to 42nd Street Cafe, but they were closed for lunch. with hesitation, we walked into the empty Crab Pot, visions of my last, poor experience there still fresh in mind, even though it was 2008.
we should have gone back to Long Beach.
I asked our waitress if they made their clam chowder fresh in-house and she said yes, so I ordered it along with a side salad, dressing on the side. it tasted like canned soup with cresh clams thrown in. I couldnt even eat it. i ate the clams and thats it. after 20 minutes of not returning to check on our table (i should have seen that coming when she left us a pitcher of water) she asked if she could box it up for me and when I told her no, I didnt care for it. she said nothing. in all fairness, I should point out that my friends ordered fish sanwiches and calamari and they all raved about thei food. we got our checks and I noticed I was charged 5 cents for asking for the dressing on the side. seriously? ramikens are so expensive you have to pass the expense on to the customer? they didnt charge my friends for tartar sauce in ramikens. anyway, it was only a nickel, so I didnt want to make a big deal out of it, but, as a joke i just thought i would mention it to the waitress. she didnt get that. instead she got super defensive and said "i dont make the rules!" geez, sorry, sore much? i just though perhaps mabey you could warn your customers that your boss will nickel and dime patrons for whatever they can get away with!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Good place for seafood but a little spendy for what you get. Food is ok. Nothing spectacular. Leave feeling like you just paid a big price for a mediocre meal.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I still get mad when I think about this place. Hubby and I went on Valentine's Day weekend, they were fairly busy and we got a dirty table in the bar. The waitress ruined the whole experience for us right from the beginning. When I asked about rum specials, I hadn't had anything to drink yet and I get a remark "like I need any more rum". It gets worse. We order this crabpot dish and this chick thinks I need to wear a bib. Does not ask, no one else is wearing one, and I am a grown woman who does not need to wear a ^% bib! I told her not to put that on me while ripping it off as she is trying to tie it. The food was ok, I've had better, but perhaps the taste of bad service got into my food. She comes back to see if we need anything else and says "its not like she needs our table for other customers". We were not rude, obnoxious, and we didnt take that long either to eat. My husband left a buck on the table but I took matters into my own hands at that point since we already overpaid and I stuck the bill in my water glass and told her to go fish. I called the manager the next day and complained because I have never been treated so poorly in a restaurant in all my life but they didn't seem to care, and what are the odds the manager is probably the same gal. DO NOT GO THERE!!! Worst dining experience ever!

1  Thank Diana W
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Terrible service, as soon as you get in the door the waitresses try to steer you to the bar/lounge instead of the dining area. Waitresses disappear for long periods and their manners are rough and loud. I ordered oysters on the half shell and got a plate with oysters but not on shells. I asked about this, it made suspicious that the oysters came out of a jar, and were not freshly opened. Waitress brushed this aside. Had crab and fetuccine - it was awful, took a few bites and left it. I can only think this place stays open due to it's bar business.. or because it has a big parking lot that entices tourists.

Been to Crab Pot? Share your experiences!