“Perfect location for the Kite Festival!”

Our Place at the Beach
Ranked #6 of 7 Long Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband and I just returned from the fantastic Kite Festival. I chose this hotel because of its perfect location. Although there is no ocean view, we only had to walk about 1/4 mile down the path to the beginning of the boardwalk and the festival.

Since we decided spur of the moment to attend, I was concerned about finding a place. I was so surprised that this little hotel still had vacancies. It is nothing fancy but totally met our needs. And the bed was extremely comfortable.

As a bonus, there is a very sweet boxer that greets you from behind the desk!

2  Thank TwoTravelinFools

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed here for one night for the Kite Festival. Not expecting much from this place. Gave this place a four star because the owners were very friendly and made you feel welcome. The room itself is average rating of 3 stars...if you're looking for a 5 star room you need to look somewhere else. it is an older establishment but they keep the rooms clean and the bed are comfortable enough. The place was good enough. The kitchen has few amenities...stocked with paper plates, plastic forks and cups. Didn't do any cooking so don't know if there were any pots and pans. There is a coffee maker. Lots of family's here with kids playing. My only complaint was that when the grand children walked barefoot their feet got dirty. They just took showers and we noticed their feet were black so we had to wash them and put socks on. Be sure to bring your slippers! (Only gave Cleanliness a 4 star because of the carpets...hopefully they will get cleaned more often.) I would stay here again but would bring my slippers.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rachel E
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is an okay motel. The room looks like those on their website; roomy and clean. The beds are comfortable. The front desk is very friendly. It is a short walk to the beginning of the Boardwalk, Kite Museum, Bikes rentals and GoKart rentals. It is an easy and good walk to the central of town.
On the other hand, the housekeepers should be properly trained so they know how to maintain the upkeep of the rooms.
1) The toilet was stuck when we arrived. I had to ask for a plunger and carried it across the parking lot because there were no housekeepers around.
2)They didn't know how to make a bed like having the fleece blanket at the bottom, followed by the flat sheet and then the brown fleece. While the second bed made was properly made. We had to removed the sheets to redo them.
3) Our bathroom windows has no window coverings(missing or broken) where people who walk-by could see quite a clear silhouette of us while in the bathroom. They didn't fix the problem. The other rooms have window coverings.
4) After the first day room service, when we returned, they took the bath mat; we had no bath mat.

Overall, it is an okay place to stay. There is lots of room for basic improvement. I didn't expect this to be anywhere close to a hotel but having the basic things figured out will make this a more pleasant stay.
Remember, if there is any issue happens after 8pm(like not enough towels, need a bath mat, etc) you will either have to figure it out yourself or deal with it in the morning. The front desk is closed after 8pm.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Uglyduckling3
Reviewed August 16, 2013

It's not the fanciest of places but it's clean and very comfortable. The rates are most reasonable, too. Your hosts, Scott and Sue are most friendly and accommodating. When we call to make reservations, they make us feel like family; well, not the brother-in-law type but the kind you'd welcome with open arms. We tried one of the fancier places on Long beach on one of our trips but came back.

1  Thank CARLandBruce
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were looking for a clean, quiet low key accommodation close to the the beach and D-town to relax for a few days.
I read a very good reviews on trip advisor and made a reservation over the phone.
When I spoke to Sue she immediately made me feel like home.
"Our Place at the Beach Motel" met all our expectations ...and more.
Owners of the Motel Scott and Sue(who are always at the location)were very warm and attentive, so as their dog Mocha...:)
Our studio room was impeccably clean, overlooking a sweet nature scene.
Everything we needed was there.
More over- after our long morning and evening walks at the Beach( that is very close to the Motel itself) we enjoyed relaxing at a very clean and spacious jacuzzi tabs with a cedar walled dry sauna that are a part of the property.
Exercises room has an excellent brand new equipment.
Very easy, short walk to D-town, Discovery trail and the Board walk.
We asked for a late check out, so we could spent a few more hours there...
We already miss it and want to go back as soon as we'll get chance.

1  Thank Elena315
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The room was clean, everything worked, bed ok along with the linens which were clean. Offers more then other comparable hotels in area. Staff attentive. The place overall is older and while nothing is falling apart it needs more work done outside which the current owners seem to be doing. I would stay again.

1  Thank Timothy M
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I really loved staying here, the manager was very nice and though I didn't bring my dog, I could have. My room was scrupulously clean and very comfortable. The furnishings are well used however I was not bothered by dust (which can sometimes bother me). I will definitely stay here again. I liked it's location and ambience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business