“Will Stay Again”

and 1 more site!
Our Place at the Beach
Ranked #6 of 7 Long Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We will definately stay again. Nice, cozy, comfortable. The managers are extremely warm and friendly and helpful. Rooms are above average clean and everything works. The hot tubs and wright room are a plus. I just wish the steam room would get fixed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 23, 2012

It’s a great little hidden secret in Long Beach. Close to the water, very clean and super friendly staff. They have a weight room and two hot tubes. Thwy except pets as well. Next time you’re in town check it out. It’s worth your time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I was pleasently surprised by 'our place at the beach'. I was greeted by friendly staff and given good recommendations to local shopping and restaurants. This is an older hotel and for sure worn around the edges. My room was wonderfully clean and fresh, comfortable chairs and I slept well. Coffee, microwave and small fridge in the room. My dog was welcome there too. I will absolutely go back. For the price it was very nice!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our room was just as requested and very clean. We asked for a folding cot for my daughter and it was actually there waiting and of decent quality. They did what they said for sure which is rare and the reason for the 5, but came in a tiny bit shy on the breakfast (add milk and cold cereal for big improvement).

Room Tip: Did not swim and there is not room service nor any other business on premises.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We were there for a wedding and they had arranged a deal with two nearby hotels that were closer to the beach but I was too slow and they booked up. On arrival my wife was jealous of how much more modern the other hotels were, but after the weekend, we realized that our setup was better. On the second floor, we had use of the nice wind protected deck. Our room was bigger and the beds were comfortable. To get my 5th star I would say knock the price down a tad (althought it was Labor Day weekend), beef up the breakfast, and keep the ice machine accesible past 9pm. Otherwise you guys rock!

Room Tip: We liked being upstsairs for the deck and a little more view out the back.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband, two dogs and I enjoyed our stay at Our Place at the Beach. It's an older motel and as the other reviews say it's clean and the managers and front desk are the best! Fabulous customer service. They go the extra mile..nice coffee in the room, toiletries and a simple muffin and fruit breakfast in the morning. The location is super as it's centrally located but off the main drag so very quiet. We appreciated being able to bring our dogs. I really recommend Our Place at the Beach!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kidlet
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We had a great experience here. It is an older hotel so you go into it knowing that and you'll be ok. For instance, the room door takes an actual key, not a card which I haven't seen in awhile. There was caulking all over the slightly cracked tub (room 116) but little to no mold which is all that really matters. Could have used an actual counter/shelf in the bathroom - we were using the microwave for toiletries. Direct tv was awesome. Most limited selection on some hotel systems cut out Sprout - which we really like having for the toddler. We did get better speed with our 4g than the wireless.

Excellent responsive, friendly customer Service with a smile. I had originally booked a king and asked to wait list for a double queen. Got an email in short order offering the other room type and snatched it up with ease. We asked for 4 extra pillows and it was no problem. We also used the washer no problem.

Great convenient location - we were there for the kite festival and it was a short 2 block walk to the boardwalk stretch where it was taking place. Plus a trolley for the festival stops at this hotel. The walking path to the beach out from the hotel was a charming bonus - although it was a bit of a hike for our 2.5 year old, she tougher it out ok. The dog loved it. Plus if you have bikes you can get right on the Discovery Trail from there which is awesome.

While you could hear people above and in the next room, people quieted down when it was bedtime and you really can hear the ocean waves out the window which was wonderful. But I do think we would opt for top floor next time.

We enjoyed the breakfast - a simple selection of cut in half muffins, bananas, cuties and coffee. Some real cream instead of coffeemate might have been nice as well as decaf.

All in all a comfortable stay. We will be back for clammin!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family