All reviews ocean view mini fridge rooms are spacious third floor couple blocks the staff was friendly and helpful beach entrance front desk lady would stay here again restaurants and shops within walking distance the room was nice nice place to stay short walk easy access motel bakery
Selected filters
Reviewed April 18, 2019

Overall, the hotel was much better than when we stayed here the last time and it had received a remodel since our last visit. We arrived after hours, so the lobby was closed, but we were able to speak to someone at the desk. We had called ahead to say we were going to be late, but no one answered the phone, so we were worried as whether or not we would have a room when we arrived. We stayed in a first floor pet-friendly room, which was convenient because of the easy access and hard tiled floors. I would have given higher on the cleanliness, but the floors had a layer of grime that turned our bare feet black. Beds were firm, but clean. Chairs and furniture were grimy. Service: The cleaning staff was extremely nice - kudos to them. Management counter balanced this service with a rude note taped to the ice machine about not using the ice to fill coolers. Give me a break, you run a hotel by the beach - people fill their ice chests to put a dent in the overinflated prices charged in the Long Beach economy (and it is overinflated!). The continental breakfast is a sparse; however, one can grab some pastries and fruit. The location of the hotel is excellent as it is right next to the Long Beach Arch and the beach is a short walk away. The parking lot is not friendly to larger vehicles and it is difficult for full-sized pickups to maneuver in. Overall, the price is good for the pet-friendly room, so we'd stay again knowing what to expect. Good Wi-Fi. Better views of beach are found on higher floors (view rooms are more than the pet friendly).

Room tip: Upper rooms are view rooms; first floor is easier access to car.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
cedarsoceanview, Hotel Manager at Oceanview Inn at the Arch, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2019

Hello Guest,

Greetings from the Cedars Ocean View Inn.
Thanks for the mixed feedback with the positives as well as otherwise.
We are continuously improving and will definitely work on your observations.
You can expect a further improved stay next time.
Visit us again soon.

Reviewed March 30, 2019

nice rooms and friendly employees. It is 1 block to downtown and restaurants. It is a 3 or4 blocks to the Ocean. There are view rooms of ocean on the 2nd and 3rd floor. Large parking lot so you do not have to drive if you do not want to; we also like that option because of traffic in downtown

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank susandK1436ZW
cedarsoceanview, Hotel Manager at Oceanview Inn at the Arch, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Long Beach, WA. Thank you for your kind words, the staff will be excited to know we have yet another pleases guest! We are glad you found our location convenient and enjoyed the view from the hotel room. Hope to see you again.

Sincerely
Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 22, 2019

Stayed on the 3rd floor. Had a view although quite a distance. The room very satisfactory. Comfortable bed, nice TV, refrigerator. Included a minimal continental breakfast. Hotel clerk very friendly and thorough. Happy with our choice.

Date of stay: January 2019
1  Thank Colleen G
cedarsoceanview, Hotel Manager at Oceanview Inn at the Arch, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2019

Hello Guest,

Greetings from the Cedars Ocean View Inn, Long Beach.
We have noticed your feedback and thank you for the positive comments.
Your reviews are important to us to improve our hospitality further.
Customer satisfaction is important to us.

Reviewed November 13, 2018 via mobile

Not the worst stay of life stateside, but right next to it. Have been here since 1 November and today was the first day anyone changed my linen. The place was dirty when I arrived. The housekeeper actually swept my floor today. (That’s actually a positive-well she swept the living area!). Although I can they are trying to modernized it, they have sofa from the 1980s. Even if I with me lysolizing down the sofa- I will NOT sit on it. It looks dirty and soiled. The kitchenette looks like someone threw a few things in it last mintute. The two-eye stove looks like I would start a fire if I used it. The over-used towels-looked like a science experiment is growing on it. The dust on the desk chair (see picture) speaks for itself. I really can’t explain the shower head thing, but I had to bathe so... Here’s the funny part. Today, day 13 of my stay I was told ‘I see you’re going to be here for awhile, we have an apartment with a full kitchen we can let you have for the same price’! Ermmm you as the manager, Christians aka Mandi, should have known you had a guest staying here for almost month for one! Two, you are just asking me how my stay is??? Of course this is after she rudely told me to read a sign the night on my way to work, that I did. The little button to push for service during business hours was not working. By the way very rude and unprofessional when addressing the public. Especially, when your guest is trying to obtain their packages that are being left out in the open unsecured.

Pros: can walk to the main attractions and beach, great view of the beach. Amber was very helpful.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
cedarsoceanview, Hotel Manager at Oceanview Inn at the Arch, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2018

Hello Guest,

Thank you for the stay at the Cedars Ocean View Inn.

Kindly accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your visit.
I am extremely disappointed that you had an unfavorable experience due to the unpleasant attitude of the hotel staff. This issue is really serious and the concerned service staff has been counseled and warned to ensure that such an incident is not repeated in the future. Also, the breakfast comment shall be taken positively.

This is not a regular feature of our hotel and we request your understanding and continued patronage.

Reviewed November 11, 2018

Everything was fine when my parents and I arrived Thursday evening, Nov 8th. However, being that I was still recuperating from a broken hip and having overdone it walking about, I stayed in the room while my parents when out to explore the town. At 3:30pm, the child (or two??) n the room above us started to clomp around, yelling and crying. This went on until later, about 5, when my parents returned. My dad complained at the front desk and was told that nothing could be done until 8pm or after. The woman at the front desk said that we could move to another room if the noise continued. We came back about 7 and low and behold...there be elephants upstairs! We waited until 8:10pm, at which time my dad called the manager (??) and said we were leaving but was told that we would not get a refund. Hello, 2018! We could move to another room. The person my dad called said they would go talk to the people and called three minutes later and said the problem had been dealt with. Fine...until 6:45am the next morning. The herd was at it again. I will NEVER be back here, and I will most certainly tell others about the lack of customer service. Word of mouth and the internet are powerful tools, yes?

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Miles G
cedarsoceanview, Hotel Manager at Oceanview Inn at the Arch, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2018

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Cedars Ocean View Inn.

This is with reference to your feedback on trip advisor regarding your experience.

I am extremely disappointed that you had an unfavorable experience.
Please be assured that I have taken this up very strongly and the concerned service staff has been counseled and warned to ensure that such an incident is not repeated in the future.

Request your continued patronage.