“Relaxing Weekend Away - Everything you need”

Lighthouse Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Long Beach
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
“Relaxing Weekend Away - Everything you need”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I am from the Midwest and was working in Salem, Oregon. My boyfriend was fortunate enough to come fly out and visit with me. Since I was working out west for a couple of weeks, we decided to get out to the coast. We were here a few weeks before Christmas and were driving up the coast around 10pm at night just calling random places. We were really just looking to find a nice place that would have everything we needed to relax. The Lighthouse staff had a condo ready for us when we arrived. It was perfect. We bought groceries at a little store up the Peninsula and cooked our meals. I took advantage of the books they had available and did a book swap. We used the restaurant suggestion book and the visitor's journal to do some hiking and exploring of local places before taking a run on the beach and settling down for the evening in front of the fireplace. In the morning, I could take in the ocean from the comfort of my condo windowseat and journal or sit with a cup of tea. I have seen 46 states and stayed countless places in my work travels, but this is by far one of my favorites. We were there off season, so the pricing was incredible, the room cleaned well and furniture upkept daily. No complaints.

Room Tip: We had a second story condo that had a deck -- any second story room is great because you get a bett...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We really like this place. It is just outside of Long Beach. It has a well-equipped little kitchen, flat screen TV and DVD player, gas fire place, deck, 1,2 and 3 bedroom units. It is just over the dunes to the beach. there is a pool, fitness area, tennis courts and a basketball court. Grills at the clubhouse

Room Tip: I think the upstairs units might have an ocean view. The dunes obscur it on the lower level.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Seattle
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Ten years and counting for our summer trips here in Long Beach. The accommodations aren't luxurious but the rooms are well appointed and perfect for affordable family vacations. The property doesn't link to the popular bike/dune paths but it has nearby ocean access and incredible views from most of the rooms. We really enjoy the friendly staff, good mid-point location between Ocean Park and Long Beach/Ilwaco, and enormous indoor swimming pool/jacuzzi/fitness area. Our favorite room features include the inviting fireplace and well-stocked kitchen. Highly recommend a stay in one of the townhouses, which offer larger rooms and newer furnishings. Only disparaging comment we could make is we hope that they replace mattresses (including sofabeds) and pillows on a more frequent basis, as they can tend to show some wear. Overall, we always have an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Townhomes (top floor) are highly recommended.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank M H
Pleasant Hill, California
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Great location right on the beach. Near a quaint town that offers fun family activities, lots of shopping and great places to dine. Resort located perfectly on the beach. Please keep an eye on your little ones as cars can drive on the beach. Resort has indoor swimming facilities and I believe they have an indoor tennis court & a ping pong area. They had a location on site to rent for big gatherings as we had our family reunion there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

First time staying at this establishment, will definitely be an annual destination.

The townhouse accomodations fit our six family party perfectly.

Easy beach access, nice indoor pool.

A couple minutes longer to get to town, but worth it.

• Stayed August 2012
Everett, Washington
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The Lighthouse was recoomedned to me. I called and spoke to Jamie, who understood my budget and what I wanted my vacation to be like. She matched me up with a waterfront condo at a price I could afford. She even accommodated my request for an extra night. It was because of her I had a wonderful place to stay, a water view and help navigating places to see and eat. It's not only about the place but the people who you interact with that make the difference and help create wonderful memories. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask Jamie!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We took advantage of the resort's 3 night stay deal and felt it was really a great value. We stayed in a one bedroom unit right near the trail to the beach. We had a dog and he really enjoyed this place. The accommodation was clean and well equiped, not ultra modern, but vey comfortable. The kitchen had everything you needed. The location was very quiet as were our upstairs neigbours. We had one great day on sun but then the fog moved in which made exploring the parks at the ends of the beach area a bit dissapointing. The town of Long Beach has some good places to eat, lots of food and not too expensive. We would recommend this resort for anyone - there is lots to do both at the resort and in the surrounding areas. The old town of Oysterville is a great place to go to find out about the history of this area as is the Louis and Clark Museum.

Room Tip: If you want a good view of the ocean, the upper townhouses near the beach are the best.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Adrift Hotel and Spa
#2 of 8 in Long Beach
Breakers Hotel and Condo Suites
Best Western Long Beach Inn

Been to Lighthouse Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!