“Great fish!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed October 1, 2007

Doogers is nothing fancy or pretentious but really good basic seafood at good prices. The staff is very friendly and efficient. The restaurant is clean and reasonably attractive.

The fresh board lists what is fresh from Willapa Bay and from the Pacific Ocean so that you can order accordingly. The pan-fried oysters and halibut & chips are both excellent. Doogers uses a very light batter – not a heavy tempura batter.

There are smaller portions of most dinner menus which are just the right size and price. Skip dessert here and head next door to the Big Dipper for ice cream.

I have eaten here several times and the quality is consistent. I will definitely be back. This restaurant is very popular – so do not be surprised if you have to wait for a table

Reviewed July 10, 2007

My Wife , and I love and have eaten seafood all over the country. Dooger's is a great spot for lunch( never had dinner there). They have what they call the S.S.T. It's soup, salad, and toast. The clam chowder is not good, it's really good. The salad with the fresh, small, bay shrimp is delicious. Also the pan fried oysters are a must. I don't think you can go wrong at Dooger's

Reviewed April 22, 2007

In my opinion, the previous review was not accurate. I have eaten at Dooger's many times and what they use on the salad are small bay shrimp and they are NOT canned, nof have they ever been in my experience. I have not ordered Fettucine Alfredo, nor am not sure WHY you would when at the coast, but I have to say their clam chowder is excellent and always is. I usually keep it simple there and the food is simple, yet fresh and generally good with friendly service. With so many fine options for dining on the Long Beach Peninsula, Doogers is a good bet for a quick lunch while you save your dollars for a fine evening dinner experience at the Shoalwater, 42nd St, Depot, Ark, etc.

A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed June 20, 2006

"Dooger's, the best seafood around, fine dining." They told us... You must be joking. I've had better food and service at Denny's. I'd give Denny's a 3-4, this... as in "Dooger's" gets a 1. Is canned shrimp on salad supposed to be considered "Fine Dining"? I felt like someone was playing a joke on me and was going to be bringing out the real meal. No meal came. The salad was...w/o the shrimp, just blah. Oh, yeah, and the food...well considering the salad, didn't expect it to get much better. Ordered on a whim, Fettuccini Alfredo, okay, I know.. seafood restaurant, and should order "seafood" but after the attack of the canned shrimp, I'd figure I would try a land based animal, chicken. How can you go wrong with chicken? Well, they went wrong...very wrong. The pasta was like thick spaghetti, covered...wait...delete...soaked in a butter like substance that should have resembled alfredo..but sadly, didn't. And the chicken, can you guess it? Canned! What in the world is wrong with this restaurant, doesn't come close to a fast food joint, and is about 2 times as expensive. So, if you like being swindled by a restaurant, and want to enjoy the local scene with the young and old...go here. Other wise, I believe there's a nice little French restaurant down the road, I'd check that out if I were you. Good luck, weary traveler!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 17, 2006

One of the best seafood restaurants I've ever been.
Excellent clam chowder. Good serving portion and have "light meal" option. Highly recommended.

1  Thank motohachi