Boardwalk Cottages
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$140
$71
Best Western Long Beach Inn(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$153
BestWestern.com
Breakers Hotel and Condo Suites(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
The Anchorage Cottages(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$130
$113
Adrift Hotel and Spa(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$81
Chautauqua Lodge(Long Beach)
$79
Orbitz.com
Lighthouse Oceanfront Resort(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$165
$219
Hotels.com
All reviewsporch swingsea rosegas fireplacewithin walking distancehot tubrainy weekendsmall propertycoffee supplieseach cottagesofa bedsmall fridgerecommend staying herediscovery trailclose to townfull kitchencape disappointmenttwo nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Three couples spent Thanksgiving here, each in our own little cottage. We were all very pleased.
What I liked:
Cleanliness: everything is immaculately clean and fresh
Tasteful decor: the "beachy" theme is done well with simple white interiors, beadboard, touches of pretty fabrics, attractive art and simple, comfortable furniture. Nothing ugly, kitschy or over the top.
Places to put stuff: despite the small size of the cottages there are sturdy hooks everywhere. Each bedroom has shelves and hangars. The bathroom shelf is generous and even the shower boasted a place for shampoo, etc.
Linens and towels: Sparkling white, fresh and clean. Beds were great.
Morning treats: every morning there was something homemade and fresh from the oven: cinnamon rolls, scones, blueberry muffins…coffee and tea are in every cottage. A lovely way to begin the day.
Location: The Boardwalk Cottages are between the main street and the beach. You can walk everywhere but their charm and quiet belie their proximity to the Long Beach attractions. There is even a movie theater directly across the street - nice on a rainy winter day. Of course it is also centrally located on the Long Beach Peninsula, so it's a perfect base camp for the entire area.
Staff: Super friendly and accommodating.

A truly lovely choice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank psSilverheart
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We are staying for our second time here, and like it even more than our first visit several years ago. First of all, the cottages here, while completely restored old beach cottages, are immaculate. The floors are new laminates, the walls and trim are freshly painted, the kitchen and bath appear to have newly renovated fixtures. Best of all, this is a totally pet free, and smoke free establishment! No fleas, ticks, and dander, or smelly smoke residue! The owner prepares morning "goodies" for all guests, to start the day. The prices are reasonable, and they offer "specials" for extended stays, which we took advantage of. We love coming here to experience winter ocean storms, and weren't disappointed. We will be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ed S
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I had researched this place before I went down, but when I got there it was a last minute decision to stay. The owner was very helpful, giving me a discount and recommendations on a different place to eat than where I normally go. I liked the clean, comfortable bed, and honestly, of the three nights I was on the road, it was the best sleep I had gotten. The refrigerator actually kept my soda cold and I noticed the kitchen was well stocked had I been prepared for that. I didn't use the TV or DVD player, as I had brought my own CD player, but the chairs were comfortable and the decor was perfect for a beach property. The location is great, just off the main drag, and close to town and also only a few block walk to the beach. The muffin in the morning was a treat. I'm sure I will be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Dorothy H
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We have stayed at Boardwalk Cottages twice now and this is just the beginning of a long term relationship. The cottages are cozy, beautifully decorated, have everything you could need, and seem more like a room in someone's home rather than in a hotel. Peaceful location but right in the downtown area. Easy walking distance - just a few quick blocks and everything you love about Long Beach is right there. The movie theater is even right across the street so a late night movie seems indicated. The owners are very nice; proud of their business. We love that...It shows in each room. Comfy beds, everything is so clean. Some rooms have stovetops and they provide a bag of popcorn, coffee, tea, and each morning some type of donut or scone, muffin, etc. Each room is like a little cabin. Small enough to feel catered to. Love it. Oh, good prices, too. Very reasonable.
One downside for many, I'm sure (especially at the beach), is they do not allow pets.

Room Tip: We have stayed in their smallest room and then the next largest...Both are perfect for a couple. The smallest room is only about $10 cheaper than the next size up and it is sufficient but we'll stay in the second largest from now on as we feel that $10 is well worth a little extra room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie I
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Wow! The cottage was even better than the photos. Super-cozy, clean and cute. We only had one night to stay but the kitchen was well stocked, the bed was nice and we loved the fireplace. Not to mention how much we enjoyed our coffee and Pat's freshly made scones on our porch in the morning. Very short walk to the beach and boardwalk. Looking forward to coming back for a longer stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple