“Best thing we did in Long Beach”

World Kite Museum & Hall of Fame
Ranked #4 of 15 things to do in Long Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Long Beach's winds make it a mecca for kite enthusiasts.
Reviewed November 21, 2013

You don't have to be a kite lover or kite nut to enjoy this place. We lucked out and caught the last day of a video exhibit of kite ballet and the interview with the world champ. Amazing how he can make three kites dance and swirl and twirl into patterns and forms with such grace and beauty. There was a screening area there, so it may be possible to request videos to be shown.

The upstairs section about the use of kites in wartime down through the centuries was likewise fascinating. Whether you are into kites or not, seeing how they were used in various wars as decoys, training devices, radar interrupters and is likely to be eye opening. It certainly was for us. And just the display of the various kite designs worldwide, with their amazing styles and colors from dragons to spaceships, was far more interesting than I expected it would be.

It seemed like amazing value for the modest $4 senior entry fee and prices at the gift shop were about the same or better than in town, seemed like. I'm always glad to support an all volunteer museum where people are involved for their love of the enterprise with my purchases.

2  Thank SkykomishBob
There are newer reviews for World Kite Museum & Hall of Fame

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Good assortment of kites with prices starting at $10 up to ??. Always a pleasure to wander in to this store.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

The staff is a wealth of information, I learned about the history of Kites thing I never knew. They are the reason we plan to return for the International KIte Fest.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I visited the World Kite Museum with an open mind as my friend was very interested. I was pleasantly surprised to see the scope of the museum. I was really interested in all the international kites on display. I thought they were very well displayed. After watching the video of the annual kite event in Long Beach, i was eager to attend next year. The staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I now have an appreciation of the skill and art that goes in to designing, creating and flying kites.

1  Thank costaricatravel09
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Not expecting much on the small town of Longbeach, WA, I was presently surprised while visiting the kite museum.
Little known facts about the history of kites and kite flying would be interesting for the whole family.
Children can be engaged in making their own kites while adults view a video of a world champion stunt kite flyer who is 86 years old! His presentation holds your attention while he stunt-flies three kites at a time.
The use of kites for military purposes is explained as well as kite examples from all over the globe. A must see in Longbeach , WA.