“small plates, good choices”

Pickled Fish Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Monroe, Washington
“small plates, good choices”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I had 3 of their small plates. I would say their halibut bites and clams were the best of the three we had. The oysters were lacking...a lot of batter and overcooked. Beer choices were good and I would have loved to try one of their fresh fruit drinks, but the $10 price tag was more than I wanted to pay.

Visited February 2013

Port Townsend, Washington
“Great view, small wine servings”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The 4 oz wine serving seemed a bit stingy. I don't mind paying for a view, but it costs so little to give a reasonable serving of wine that it seems a bit silly to do otherwise.
Their small plates are certainly small, and I thought we were going to be having dinner. I found the calamari tasty, but a bit over cooked. The oysters were yummy.
The wait staff was efficient, if not warm and fuzzy.
It is a shame that the management doesn't realize that they have a captive audience if they would be a bit more generous.
As it is, there were other restaurants in Long Beach for us to visit the other nights of our stay.

• Visited January 2013
Seattle
“Northwest Industrial”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband described the interior of this place perfectly! Metal and woods and the view is fantastic. The menu looked good but we didn't eat. Just there for drinks. They have some interesting combinations. I ordered the pinot gris and enjoyed it really well but was a tad spendy at $9 a glass. Hope to find it by the bottle back at home. The staff was really friendly. They were having their first night of live music and we wanted to go back but didn't make it. We would recommend the Pickled Fish!

• Visited January 2013
Mill Creek, Washington
“Interesting drinks!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

These folks make their drinks from freshly squeezed fruits and come up with some very interesting combinations. (Ginger martini, Chai Martini etc.)

Aside from good food and drinks, this place has an amazing view!

Visited January 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Nice menu, small plates (in a good way)”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great view from this place, with nice beers on tap, great small plates, and good service. Breakfast menu would have been fun, but maybe they'll add it later.

Visited January 2013