“Not good!”

scapece and aperitivo
Description: Located Above The Adrift Hotel And Spa
Description: Located Above The Adrift Hotel And Spa
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Friends and family were in Long Beach for the kite festival and thought this restaurant would be a good choice, with an awesome view of the ocean...Wrong! The view was great, but everything else was terrible. The pizza was overpowering with gorgonzola cheese. The house salad was too salty to eat and my salmon filet was not done. Everyone at my table (7 people) thought the food was horrible.

4  Thank Jeni T

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were in Lon Beach for the International Kite Festival and were on our way home and wanted to have some lunch before we hit the road. When we went into Scapece , we were the only ones in the restaurant . The waitress came over and gave us our menu, I had to ask for water, and she brought us some very warm tap water, and said she had to go finish putting on her makeup. We were really disappointed by the lack of variety on the menu, but decided on a calamari pizza. It sounded different, but there wasn't much to choose from. We waited a very long time, and when I looked toward the kitchen , I saw our food sitting on the counter waiting to be brought to us. It sat ther for over 5 minutes. Meanwhile the waitress was talking to a gentleman during this whole time. Finally she went and got our food . We were shocked at what we saw. It looked like a pizza with spinach and 4 tenticle portion of the squid looking very uncooked. No cheese or anything. When we tried to take a piece to put on our plate, the. crust was like raw dough sitting in water. It was sooo awful, I couldn't believe it. I tasted it , and it was horrid.
This restaurant and the people who work there really didn't seem to care about the customers or the reputation of their place.
I've eaten in a lot of places and this is the worst one ever. There are a lot of places to eat in Long Beach, go someplace else.
As another reviewer said, I have a very hard time believing that anyone had a good experience eating at this restaurant. I wouldn't take the chance.

4  Thank Glee D
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We loved finding such a good restaurant in our hotel. The view was lovely and the recycled wood furnishings added a nice touch (but the metal menu holders should be tossed).

The wine list was erratic and missing a wine we would have liked to try. However, the unlisted Pinot Gris we tested and ordered was very good. We enjoyed our salad with fresh, local greens (although it was overdressed) and the very tasty calabrese salami and house fennel sausage pizza came with cheese, even though it wasn't listed this way on the menu. The crust was delicious.

We thought the price was reasonable for the fine quality of the food.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We really enjoyed our dinner and drinks here. Service was very good and the view was absolutely amazing!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife and I live in the Long Beach area and thought it would be nice to try a new place. We were very excited to try Scapece and Aperitivo restaurant for lunch. Needless to say we were very disappointed. I'm not sure why the other reviewers gave such high ratings because the food was bland and down right bad. The service was just as bad. We waited over 45 minutes for our panini sandwiches. My roast beef was tasteless, tough, and old. My home style chips were burnt and dripping in grease. If you want to take a chance and believe the other reviewers, then I wish you all good luck. But just be warned, this food is not the highquality cuisine as they try to present themselves. You'd be better off going to the Depot, Jimella's, Shelbourne. or Pelicano for excellent meals.

3  Thank gocdub