“Home away from home”

Mermaid Inn & RV Park
Ranked #5 of 7 Long Beach B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We love the Mermaid Inn! It is always clean and quiet, and the beds are comfy.Quilts on the bed and cookies next to the coffee give the rooms a homey feel. Ray is THE best innkeeper ever! when I left my pillow behind, he offered to send it out to us in Indiana! We are looking forward to our winter trip to the coast this year, so Ray- save us a room!

Room Tip: oops, no pool, but the Ocean is nearby!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Linda H
mermaidinnrvpark, Owner at Mermaid Inn & RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2015

Thank you. It is always a pleasure to have you stay with us.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights at this adorable little Motel while in the area on business. The owner (Ray) was more than gracious and accommodating. We stayed in room #3 - pleasantly surprised at the nicely appointed room and how spacious it was. All the conveniences of home! The attention to detail and the cleanliness of the room was welcoming. This cute little Motel, with a "beachey feel" ranks right up there with the big league chains. We love the Mermaid and would definitely stay again when in the area. I highly recommend you give this cutie a try!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank mdw42257

I am so glad that you enjoyed our little motel.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We chose the Mermaid because we wanted to experience that not so modern, old time beach resort feel. We were not disappointed. From the beautiful hanging baskets of flowers to the patchwork quilts, it delivered. This is not a large fancy Inn, but clean, comfortable and quiet. Towels were the best of our trip and appreciated the ceramic coffee mugs. Staff had great suggestions for attractions. This is not on the beach and towards the end of town, but an easy drive to the water and trails. The only negative would be the slightly uncomfortable pillows, but I guess you can't have it all. Happy with our choice; enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank smurfnmoms

Thank you for the kind words. You were right about the pillows. We had just switched out our normal pillows for memory foam pillows. The majority of quests ( and myself included) preferred the normal pillows, so we switched back after only one month. So sorry that you experienced that one month trial.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Very clean and very quiet, free Wi-Fi, complete with the usual (coffee maker, fridge, microwave, TV.) Management very pleasant and considerately books every other room where possible, and far enough back from the main street to ensure a quiet night's sleep. A fifteen minute walk through grasses and dunes to the ocean.

Room Tip: Number 7 was nice and quiet and far back from the busy main street. A communal BBQ available for gu...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank R0adTripper66

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Was skeptical of a "motel", but was pleasantly surprised. Only took the chance because it was voted #1 motel and the price was right. It was great! Immaculate, all the immenities of a larger space (soaps, coffeemaker, biscotti, microwave, fridge, etc), but the best of all was that the sheets and towels were soft, and nice pillows. There was no gross hotel type bed cover that usually creaps me out. Loved the place and will definitely stay there again if in the area. It is small, but passes the white glove test, which goes a long way with me.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank pegalicious56

Thank you for those kind words. It is so nice when people understand what we are offering. With only ten units, we know that we won't be right for everyone, so we are geared for those people that think cleanliness, comfortable relaxing rooms, and a friendly accommodating staff are their top priorities.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Attended a wedding, most motels required a two-night stay. I was glad they let us stay for one night. the Great reviews also made the choice easy. It was quiet, Super Clean, and everything looked recently redone. Bed was comfy. Happy with my stay, if we are in the area again, would stay again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Apachegrl

Thank you. Hope to be of service to you again .

Reviewed April 23, 2012

It was by luck that I ended up staying at the Mermaid Inn. I have been visiting the Long Beach area on business for many years, and in trying to find the right balance of amenities,comfort, price and cleanliness, I have stayed at many different hotel/motels in the area. I made the mistake of not making a reservation at my current usual place when there was a "clam dig" happening, so I had to look for a new place to stay. Lucky for me, the Mermaid had a cancellation, so I was able to get a room. The Mermaid Inn was the balance that I've been looking for. Upon checking out, I complimented the owner on the service and condition of the motel. The owner then actually apologized for the shape of the motel, as he had spent the past winter working on the RV Park, so he hadn't been able to put as much time into the motel as usual. As I am already impressed with this motel, Im looking forward to seeing what the place is like usually.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank riley53

Thank you Reilly. Even though I see you at least once a month and have many times vocalized my appreciation, I have been told I am suppose to write a response. I am glad that you tried us out the first time and that we have been able to fulfill your needs ever since.
PS...Thanks for all the home grown veggies and fruit you bring.