“WOW!! Great Place”

GreenLeadersGold level
washington state
“WOW!! Great Place”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

It was by luck that I ended up staying at the Mermaid Inn. I have been visiting the Long Beach area on business for many years, and in trying to find the right balance of amenities,comfort, price and cleanliness, I have stayed at many different hotel/motels in the area. I made the mistake of not making a reservation at my current usual place when there was a "clam dig" happening, so I had to look for a new place to stay. Lucky for me, the Mermaid had a cancellation, so I was able to get a room. The Mermaid Inn was the balance that I've been looking for. Upon checking out, I complimented the owner on the service and condition of the motel. The owner then actually apologized for the shape of the motel, as he had spent the past winter working on the RV Park, so he hadn't been able to put as much time into the motel as usual. As I am already impressed with this motel, Im looking forward to seeing what the place is like usually.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank riley53
mermaidinnrvpark, Owner at Mermaid Inn & RV Park, responded to this review, July 7, 2015
Thank you Reilly. Even though I see you at least once a month and have many times vocalized my appreciation, I have been told I am suppose to write a response. I am glad that you tried us out the first time and that we have been able to fulfill your needs ever since.
PS...Thanks for all the home grown veggies and fruit you bring.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We stayed at the Mermaid Inn on Preidents Day weekend.Ray (the owner) was very friendly at check-in. He offered many suggestions for dining. The at-door parking is convenient. The bed was super comfy.We requested a couple extra pillows..and Ray brought the pillows over immediately. Our room had a fridge and a microwave- very handy for travelers. The room heater was sufficient to keep the entire room at a proper temperature. The bathroom was clean and the towels were "thirsty'. Coffee was provided in room..along with some biscotti. The Mermaid Inn is one short mile from the main Long Beach area...but it was nice not being near all the people.We had pizza and local microbrews at the Pioneer Tavern just a block away.Overall...we will surely stay at the Mermaid Inn on our next journey to Long Beach. Thanks Ray for the awesome stay!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank blueraven78
Thank you for staying with us. Hope to see you again.
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I have stayed at the Mermaid Inn at least five times and have not yet written a review, but after reading the comment about the terrible experience I felt the need to defend Ray, the owner. The person who wrote that must have been crazy! I have never had one negative experience. Ray has always been so friendly and helpful. Their business must thrive on repeat customers, because I have never spoken to another guest that has not visited before, and been fully in love with the place. Notice all the "Excellent" ratings among the one fluke. The place is so clean I have not seen so much as a speck of dust while visiting, yet they manage to make it still feel like home. I can guarantee that if you are not a completely disrespectful slob while staying at hotels, you will love the Mermaid Inn and easily see that the bad review was nothing short of a lie.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank elisalu
Thank you for being such a great guest and just a wonderful person.
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed April 30, 2011

I love this place this is ther first time staying here. We just wanted a quick one night get near the beach. its only 1.4 miles from downtown Long beach. Nestled between a resturant and a mini mart away makes it ideal. It has quaint and warm furnishings, never ending hot water with presure!!
They provide in room coffee, tea, hot cider and hot coco too.
The host has a great sense of humor and is very helpful and gracious. It is one of the cleanest motels we have ever stayed at. And we travel often.
It was such a deal too under 70.00 for the night teo people.
Free wifi, good selection of TV channels. I just can't say enough about how impressed we are! Mirco, and fridge also

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cynpowers
Thank you, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Scappoose, Oregon
Reviewed October 27, 2010

We love it here. The owner is great in all aspects of customer service. His prices are reasonable, and their is a clean laundry facility behind the rooms. In fact everything is clean and well kept. When we are there we walk to a great Mexican restrauant. Each and every time we have stayed our experience has been perfect! Not to far from downtown Long Beach, but far enough from the noise. This is one of the most peaceful places I've ever stayed. Great job and kudos to the owner!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lmars1
Thank you, it is always a pleasure to see guys.
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed October 19, 2010

My husband and I first stayed at the Inn August 2009. Rooms and property were immaculate. Owner was friendly and professional. We have since stayed numerous times meeting other guests who like us have found a "home away from home." If you like animals but refuse to stay in a room after the "dog has checked out" this is the place for you. Only gets better, NO SMOKING IS A STRICT POLICY and mangement means it too! This place is a safe bet and would not hesitate to recommended to all our friends.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank abcd58775
Thank you. It is always a pleasure to be your host.
CAMAS
Reviewed September 18, 2010

My friend and I and our children stayed at the mermaid inn motel in the Longbeach,Wa for two nights and three days During the 4 of July Holiday.The owner of the motel went to clean our room when we returned to our room we discovered our luggage had been gone thru.My sons toiletties were moved to the showers including dental floss and tooth paste and Deo.He handled our food and snacks.When we asked the owner why he went thru our luggage .He got hostile and I thought for a moment he was going to strike my friend.We d like to know does he make a practice of this type of behavior.We just wanted to know why he felt it neccessary to go thru and rearrange our clothing.It was really creepy to have a man we dont know snooping thru our clothes.He dumped water or something into my friends bag and ruined a new blouse.i wouldnt recommend staying at this motel exspeically women.so BEWARE !!! ladies.we really felt violated.To make manners worse he made a fraudently charge on my friends credit card.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank CAMASANGELHEART
mermaidinnrvpark, Owner at Mermaid Inn & RV Park, responded to this review, September 20, 2010
Regarding "terrible experience", I find it amazing how some peoples minds work. The basic problem was that these people had no idea how to conduct themselves. On the second day when entering the room to do the tidy-up service, the room was found to be a total mess, with clothes strewn about on the floor and furniture, sheets fully exposed on the beds with open suitcases, clothes, food and food containers on the sheets and left around the room, including a open partially filled pop can on top of the TV. (Picture a really messy teenagers room, who likes to eat in their room, and hasn't been cleaned in a month or two). The bathroom was a similar mess. While all this put them in the top five of our messy guests and put them on our Do Not Rent to list, someone smoked in the room. Even after stripping the room of all beddings(including the box spring ruffles) pillows,towels,showercurtains, etc., you could still smell the smoke. To return the room to a non-smoking rating we had to wash the walls down,and shampoo the carpet and stuffed chairs. Even though the room was unavailable for rent for three days, we only charged the guest the minimum cleaning charge ($150.00). Now, they post lies.like I said, I don't understand the workings of some minds.