Mermaid Inn & RV Park
$120
$102
Best Western Long Beach Inn(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$76
BestWestern.com
$78
$71
RodewayInn
Breakers Hotel and Condo Suites(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
The Anchorage Cottages(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$130
$113
Orbitz.com
Adrift Hotel and Spa(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$81
$79
Travelocity
Chautauqua Lodge(Long Beach)
$79
Travelocity
Lighthouse Oceanfront Resort(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
$145
$219
Hotels.com
$110
Hotels.com
All reviewsposter childcome homenew ownersclose to townclean roomsstay there againmoteltowelsamenitieslinensdecor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I have stayed at the Mermaid Inn at least five times and have not yet written a review, but after reading the comment about the terrible experience I felt the need to defend Ray, the owner. The person who wrote that must have been crazy! I have never had one negative experience. Ray has always been so friendly and helpful. Their business must thrive on repeat customers, because I have never spoken to another guest that has not visited before, and been fully in love with the place. Notice all the "Excellent" ratings among the one fluke. The place is so clean I have not seen so much as a speck of dust while visiting, yet they manage to make it still feel like home. I can guarantee that if you are not a completely disrespectful slob while staying at hotels, you will love the Mermaid Inn and easily see that the bad review was nothing short of a lie.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank elisalu
mermaidinnrvpark, Owner at Mermaid Inn & RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2015

Thank you for being such a great guest and just a wonderful person.

Reviewed October 27, 2010

We love it here. The owner is great in all aspects of customer service. His prices are reasonable, and their is a clean laundry facility behind the rooms. In fact everything is clean and well kept. When we are there we walk to a great Mexican restrauant. Each and every time we have stayed our experience has been perfect! Not to far from downtown Long Beach, but far enough from the noise. This is one of the most peaceful places I've ever stayed. Great job and kudos to the owner!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lmars1

Thank you, it is always a pleasure to see guys.

Reviewed October 19, 2010

My husband and I first stayed at the Inn August 2009. Rooms and property were immaculate. Owner was friendly and professional. We have since stayed numerous times meeting other guests who like us have found a "home away from home." If you like animals but refuse to stay in a room after the "dog has checked out" this is the place for you. Only gets better, NO SMOKING IS A STRICT POLICY and mangement means it too! This place is a safe bet and would not hesitate to recommended to all our friends.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank abcd58775

Thank you. It is always a pleasure to be your host.

Reviewed September 18, 2010

My friend and I and our children stayed at the mermaid inn motel in the Longbeach,Wa for two nights and three days During the 4 of July Holiday.The owner of the motel went to clean our room when we returned to our room we discovered our luggage had been gone thru.My sons toiletties were moved to the showers including dental floss and tooth paste and Deo.He handled our food and snacks.When we asked the owner why he went thru our luggage .He got hostile and I thought for a moment he was going to strike my friend.We d like to know does he make a practice of this type of behavior.We just wanted to know why he felt it neccessary to go thru and rearrange our clothing.It was really creepy to have a man we dont know snooping thru our clothes.He dumped water or something into my friends bag and ruined a new blouse.i wouldnt recommend staying at this motel exspeically women.so BEWARE !!! ladies.we really felt violated.To make manners worse he made a fraudently charge on my friends credit card.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank CAMASANGELHEART
mermaidinnrvpark, Owner at Mermaid Inn & RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2010

Regarding "terrible experience", I find it amazing how some peoples minds work. The basic problem was that these people had no idea how to conduct themselves. On the second day when entering the room to do the tidy-up service, the room was found to be a total mess, with clothes strewn about on the floor and furniture, sheets fully exposed on the beds with open suitcases, clothes, food and food containers on the sheets and left around the room, including a open partially filled pop can on top of the TV. (Picture a really messy teenagers room, who likes to eat in their room, and hasn't been cleaned in a month or two). The bathroom was a similar mess. While all this put them in the top five of our messy guests and put them on our Do Not Rent to list, someone smoked in the room. Even after stripping the room of all beddings(including the box spring ruffles) pillows,towels,showercurtains, etc., you could still smell the smoke. To return the room to a non-smoking rating we had to wash the walls down,and shampoo the carpet and stuffed chairs. Even though the room was unavailable for rent for three days, we only charged the guest the minimum cleaning charge ($150.00). Now, they post lies.like I said, I don't understand the workings of some minds.

Reviewed August 2, 2010

Despite being an older motel, the whole place was well maintained and appealing from the street.
Our room was spotlessly clean and well presented, appeared to be recently repainted.
Ray was very knowledegable and gave us some great suggestions for places to visit and restaurants to eat at, all of which were well received.
The location is good, a little out of town, but very close to beach access. A general store next door was very handy for picking up a few essential items.
A perfect place to stay for exploring the penninsula and the "long beach" without breaking the bank!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank brumfanabroad

Thank you. Hope to be your host again someday.