“Okay - nothing special”

Hungry Harbor Grille
Ranked #6 of 42 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We decided to eat here because we had a coupon for a cup of chowder for 99 cents. Good thing we had the coupon because everything else was very expensive! The fish and chips were okay, but nothing special.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

The staff was nice and the food was very good. It was a great atmosphere for my family. The other customers seemed to enjoy it too. We had burgers and chowder. We were very happy with the food. My son had the Harbor Kid’s Chicken meal. The chowder is the best we’ve had in a long time, maybe ever. The large chunks of clam and bacon definitely set it apart from others and we didn’t get any clam grit which is rare. I was surprised that a place in a tourist area was producing such good product at reasonable prices. It was excellent!

Reviewed June 8, 2012

My family and I eat at Hungry Harbor at least once a month. My daughter and her friends love it and go more often. The food is always very good. They give you a good amount of food for a decent price. Great burgers, homemade clam chowder, clam strips, fish & chips, Hungry Fish Platter, chicken enchiladas on Mexican Night...we've tried a variety from the menu and everything is great. And their staff is always friendly and welcoming!

1  Thank SELBWA
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Fish and Chips were ordered. Fish was a bit dry and a tad bit overly breaded/cooked.
Chile Rellenos were also ordered. These were very good. Ample portion. Very good and flavorful.
Service was very very good. I would return to give them another try.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

We visited on a Sunday and wished we hadn't already eaten breakfast--there was a really good looking buffet. The staff was SUPER friendly. My husband really liked his burger, but I would say to pass on the chicken sandwich and try something else. And they could use some new highchairs. Only 1 of the 3 that we tried had straps and it was really sticky. =)