“Very Disappointed”

The #1 Coastal Inn and Suites
Ranked #3 of 7 Long Beach B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Positives: Room was clean, linens and towels were nice. Had a coffeemaker and micro/fridge.

Negatives: My room was on the end, and it was almost as if it were an after-thought or it had been used for something else. There was no closet, so I could not hang up my clothes, and I could hear every word of every conversation next door and behind me. The blind in the door does not go all the way down, so I was concerned that someone could see into my room. The office is not "manned" 24/7, which is ok, but at check-in it took a few minutes for the clerk to come to the office. I had a question a short time later and she was no where to be found. At check-in she told me her name and said "if you need anything just let me know". OK, so where are you and how do I reach you. There are no phones in the rooms and my cell phone was in roaming mode. A continental breakfast is available from 8-10. I went to the office at 8:15 and the door was locked and no breakfast had been set up yet.

There is a Super 8 down the street and I should have stayed there. This room was not worth the $88.00 it cost me.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Coastalinn, Owner at The #1 Coastal Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your response here on TripAdvisor. We do our best to help our guests enjoy a comfortable stay at an affordable price, and we apologize that this was not the case for you. We don't always just sit in the office, as we are about the property doing other tasks, so we are sorry if our front desk clerk took a little extra time to reach you. We are happy to help with any questions at any time, and always have someone on site to assist our guests. Again, we are often about the property with other tasks, but are alerted when someone is in the office and are there within a matter of seconds. Thank you for bringing your room concerns to our attention. We apologize if your room was not acceptable and will do our best to ensure a comfortable room for your next stay. We wish we would have known there was an issue during your visit as we would have taken care of any problems right away. Breakfast is available from eight to ten, and again, we apologize if it was set up a little late as we do our best to be very prompt. Thank you again for your feedback here. We consider all comments carefully and hope to improve our service to all of our guests and allow them an enjoyable and affordable place to stay here in Long Beach.

There are newer reviews for The #1 Coastal Inn and Suites

Reviewed June 15, 2013

After a long day on the road, I needed a comfortable room at a good price. This place exceeded my expectations. Comfortable bed, clean, and able to pull right up to the door which is always good for a road trip. Guy at the desk was friendly and helpful. A++

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bphil70

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review here on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the kind remarks and are happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit here in Long Beach.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

was a little wary booking off the web but have to say I was pleasantly surprised when we checked in. super nice couple that are working very hard remodeling the whole place. very reasonable price. very clean. nice bed. great TV/cable plus the free Wi-Fi was super easy. very convenient right downtown, easy to walk to everything. Its nice to see a young couple truly making an effort to live a great life in a small town. I wish them success and happiness. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Angelzplz
Coastalinn, Owner at The #1 Coastal Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure having you stay at #1 Coastal Inn and Suites. It's been a rewarding experience to remodel the property and look forward to seeing the finished product very soon! We're glad you enjoyed yourselves and hope so see you again on your next trip to Long Beach.

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Great location. Right on the main drag. The web site claims to have a free two seater pedal bike for everyone that rents a room. In reality they have one bike for all to share and it was broken when we got here. I will stay here again if they update the web site to be more clear about this issue.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review here on TripAdvisor. We apologize that our surrey quadracycle was not available for you to use during your stay. It is in the process of being repaired and we are sorry it was not ready for use while you were here. We have updated our website to reflect the change in its availability and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again at the #1 Coastal Inn and Suites on your next visit here in Long Beach!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ever since Coastal Inn opened it's doors, we've been huge fans. The rooms are always perfectly clean and modern feeling, which is a huge plus considering this is rare at most beach hotels. There isn't that feeling of 20 years of sand build up in the floors, as they have wood flooring! The beds are very comfortable and always clean & fresh. The couple that owns Coastal Inn and Suites are so nice. They have bent over backwards in the past to help us. I highly recommend them to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rtaculad

Dear Guest,
We are so glad you have enjoyed your stays here with us at the #1 Coastal Inn and Suites. We do our best to make each of our guests feel welcome and keep our rooms clean and comfortable for everyone. Thank you for your kind remarks and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Picked this Inn online always looking for a great place to stay. What a wonderful place, very clean,owners were great! Looking forward to many mmore visits to Long beach, found the place to stay.Just a friendly reminder while you are staying here do not forget to visit the gift shop , we bought Hank a very nice ceder bear.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bruce H

We were so pleased to have you stay with us during your time in Long Beach, and hope you will visit again! We are glad you hear you are enjoying your cedar bear also. They are such well made carvings, and it's wonderful you were able to bring one home with you from your trip!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My group of 4 which included myself, my daughter and her two friends (and our dog) had never been to Long Beach before and were pleasantly surprised to find such affordable and fair rates at the Coastal Inn & Suites. We looked at cabins because I wanted a kitchen since I preffer to cook while on vacation in order to save for shopping instead. I was so happy to find this double queen, one bedroom suite that is so modern and well maintained. It was so roomy, we didn't have to stumble over each other.
this unit could have slept 8 since the sofa folded out flat into a very comfortable double (or queen, not sure) bed that we all fought over & also had a roll away queen size. Even after setting these both up in the living room there was still enough room to navigate around.
The kitchen was plenty big enough for our two day stay & had a large fridge.
Our dog Kira got to borrow her own bone shaped memory foam bed and a bowl.
We were happy to find the heating works very well, since I have stayed in some hotels that I just couldn't stay warm in.
The kitchen was well supplied with newer pots, pans dishes etc. The bedrom was very large, giving us plenty of room to spread out our things. My only suggestion, since there are just night stands with drawers and no dressers, the closets need clothes hangers. We had to put our clothes up on te top shelf. If staying longer this would have gotten old fast.
Thank you to the very accomodating staff for making us feel welcome and being so helpful,
The Franks from Estacada, Oregon

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank happycampers503

Dear Guest,
We are happy to hear you enjoyed yourselves over spring break here at the #1 Coastal Inn and Suites. We love that our suites are spacious and roomy and are pleased you were all comfortable and able to spread out and enjoy the space. If there is ever anything you need during your stay, we look forward to serving you in any way we can. We will be sure to add more hangers to your room for your next visit here with us in Long Beach!