“Great place for coffee and a pastry”

Cottage Bakery and Delicatessen
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Long Beach
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Great place for coffee and a pastry”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

The pastries are delicious and we also pick up our bakery bread supply for the week here. Great place to grab something if you are headed out of town to see the area sites.

Visited September 2013

Port Moody, Canada
“An awesome selection of bakery sweets”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Donut's, Bearclaw's, Danishes oh my. Gained 5 lbs just looking at the selection on display. The 4 selections we chose and shared were excellent. Note, this is a cash only business, which sucks.

Visited August 2014
Albuquerque, NM
“Can't decide which aftertaste was worse...the donuts or the service”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We visited Cottage Bakery during the last week of July 2014. It seemed cute from the outside and my kids wanted to eat donuts walking backward since supposedly there is some silly law against eating a doughnut walking backward on a Sunday in Washington. So we went in and there was a long line, yet it moved relatively quickly - I think I know why: The woman behind the case has the meanest face you can ever want to see! She has the personality of a haystack and offers no welcoming chit chat, gets annoyed when you don't know what you want immediately, and if you ask what something is or what it's made of she throws some obvious attitude! Keep your curiosity to yourselves unless you want to face some old woman wrath!!! Since she was impatiently hurrying us with NOBODY behind us in line I didn't order creatively. We ordered 3 traditional cake donuts and 3 chocolate frosted. Oh, and btw, they are pricey!!! Safeway has awesome donuts if that's what you're looking for. We stepped outside and the kids began their law breaking adventure, I reached inside the bag and pulled out a cake doughnut and took a bite...Heavens!!!! I think the woman's face was used to make this doughnut because it was MEAN...and I'm not saying this in a good way. I have never tasted such a disgusting doughnut in my entire life..it was dense, greasy and had the creepiest after taste liken to a stale/rancid food item. There are no words I can come up with that can describe how awful this doughnut was. The kids bit the chocolate frosted and trashed the remainder. They said they'd rather be arrested and eat jail food! I believe the only reason this place remains in business is because only tourists visit and leave....locals don't eat there, therefore, those that buy don't stick around...it's a constant flow of tourists.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Victorianna_P
Vancouver
“Great Variety of Pastries”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great pastries, huge variety, some quite unique, and a nice little deli. A bit over-priced and VERY busy during our visit.

Visited July 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Rude counterpeople, so-so food”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I didn't try their pastries and baked goods, maybe that was my mistake? A rude, gruff older woman microwaved our VERY average sandwich and soup. How the heck is this place #1 in Long Beach?

• Visited January 2014