“Oh those devine Devil Dogs!”

Cottage Bakery and Delicatessen
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Long Beach
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Ocean Shores, Washington
“Oh those devine Devil Dogs!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Ambiance . . . ehh . . . warm, friendly atmosphere . . . not so much . . . delicious baked goods and donuts - you betcha!!! This is a must stop for my husband and I anytime we're within 50 miles of Long Beach! (Yes, I'm saying we'll drive 50 miles out of our way for a Cottage Bakery donut!!) I think we have probably tried all of their donuts over the years - and they have one of the largest daily selections anywhere! All are good and made fresh daily. Their macaroons are wonderful and cream puffs are a family favorite. But their "Devil Dogs" (basically a chocolate bar filled with Bavarian Creme) are what send my husband over the top! A word to the wise, if you get there too late in the day, they'll usually be sold out - so we plan accordingly!! Stay away from the cookies - they always look so good, but usually disappoint. We get everything to go - the restaurant is too small, crowded, and uncomfortable (especially in the busy tourist season) to sit down and enjoy a treat. If you're in the Long Beach area a stop at Cottage Bakery is a must - you won't be disappointed!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank LoryGene54

Tacoma Washington
“Old school baked goods.”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We had breakfast at the Cottage every morning everything they serve is made fresh while you wait and the wonderful smell of freshly baked goods make a person want to order more.

Visited July 2014
Vancouver, Washington
“What is not to LOVE!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We had had the Cottage Bakery recommended by a fellow foodie, so when we went to the coast for long Independence Day weekend, we checked it out. There was a line - yet we were waited on in about 5 minutes. Much faster than Voodoo Donuts. They had great selection of breads and pastries. We chose two pies - strawberry and chocolate. One daughter bought cheese bread with onions. Another daughter purchased soft rolls with bell peppers. The strawberry pie was wonderful! The fruit was sweet and huge, and the whipped cream was fresh and sweet. The chocolate pie was also excellent, with deep, rich chocolate and just the right amount of whipped cream. The rolls were light; they almost melted in my mouth. The flavor was amazing. Didn't have any of the bread, but, let's just say we will be careful to make sure we get some on our next trip.

Because it was so busy, getting packaged and checked out took some extra time. We didn't try the deli.

• Visited July 2014
Missoula, Montana
“bakery”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Loved the devil dogs. The bread is ok. Always have to make at least one bakery stop when I am there !!

• Visited March 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Bargain hunters delight corner--still yummy after all these years...”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

When we stayed at the Souwester Lodge cabins in Seaview for our first anniversary back in the dark ages (1981 or so) it was November, cold, dreary, but the owner advised us (with a striking accent, something in the British Commonwealth) that if we got up early, like at 4AM, we could hurry down to the Cottage Bakery and buy a whole bag of "nice little buns" for a bargain price, I think $2, before they sold out. We are not morning people, but somehow the vision of a whole bag of delicious danish for a bargain price woke me up and I had to go down to check it out. It was cold and dark, but the bakery was like a lighthouse shining on the main street. The windows were all steamed up as we slipped inside and relaxed in the warmth. Sure enough, we found a wonderful bag of goodies and brought them back to our cabin to enjoy. We haven't been back to the area and the Cottage Bakery until this year, but was delighted to discover the Bakery was still there! Could it be that my "corner of delights" was still there too? I parked and it was like a wrinkle in time. While there were no bags of Danish left at 10am, there were luscious bags of cinnamon rolls and cookies. I ordered coffee and dug into the cinnamon rolls. Yum! I must admit that the cookies were tasteless--don't bother with those until they upgrade to real butter--but the apple strudel I bought (not from the bargain corner) was delicious. They put it in an attractive gift box to take home for my daughter's birthday. I wish it were closer and I'd buy such goodies for other birthdays. I'm looking forward now to stopping in on my next trip to Long Beach and trying the pecan rolls too. I might even get up at 4am to see what kind of "nice little buns" might be on offer.

• Visited May 2014