“Great ribs and burger”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2013

While driving through Long Beach, we saw their billboard that said "Mon-BBQ" so we had to stop and try it out. The building is wide open and my first thoughts were that it would make a good skating rink. From our table we could see into the kitchen and back into the sports bar which had numerous tvs to watch a game.

I tried the half rack of baby back ribs (seven ribs for $16) and my wife had the swiss-mushroom burger (about $10). The cook looked like she was having a bad day or that she was upset with someone in the kitchen, but I was encouraged to see that about half of the meals coming out were ribs. Our meals arrived in a reasonable time. The sauce on my ribs would not be my first choice, but the ribs could not have been prepared any better. They were tender, moist, and meaty. My wife also said that her burger was excellent. We also found it nice that we could order tater tots instead of fries.

Our server was friendly and very efficient. It does bother me a bit when they "play games" with your change in hopes of tips. With my $12 change, I did not receive a ten and two ones, or two fives and two ones, but one five and seven ones.

Overall, good food and good service, but with the open building, it would probably be very loud on game night if you came in for a romantic dinner. I hope to be back in the area to try other menu items in the future.

There are newer reviews for The Lost Roo

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Would definitely return to The Lost Roo (almost went two days in a row when another top-rated restaurant in the area failed to be open as advertised). We were greatly warmly by the bartender who was also our server in the bar dining area. We had the luxury of being there on a quiet Wednesday afternoon but the service was prompt and friendly (thanks for the beer sample!), the burgers were tasty and my Mom nearly lost her mind over what she called the best garlic fries she's ever had (nearly 70 years of eating experience). Decor attractive, and lots of big HD TV's if you're hoping to catch a game.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We've visited the Roo quite a few times for dinner and have always had a good relaxing meal with excellent service. We haven't been there to experience a live music night or the outside deck yet, but we're looking forward to checking those out as well. Even on the busiest nights, the staff are attentive & friendly. Between us & our guests, everyone has truly enjoyed their meals & drinks and with the wide range of tastes, I think we've had just about everything on the menu. Two dishes that we have fairly often are the Peanut Chicken & the Fish Tacos - always excellently prepared. My only disappointment is that they close a little earlier than we would like since we frequently aren't able to arrive to the area much before 8:30, definitely not a huge problem though.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Last week my wife and I met some friends at the Lost Roo in Long Beach, WA. We went to a release party for two new Roo beers (sorry, I couldn't resist). It was quite the celebration, the place was packed. There was good live music and great food. And oh yes, the new brews were quite good. I espectally liked the eponymously named "St. Helen's Scottish Ale".

Thank you Helen and Mark for creating such a wonderful gathering place and I look forward to trying more new Roo brews!

Marshall Tate
Ocean Park, WA

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I go here for date night once a week. The servers are excellent, food is outta this world great, drinks pretty and perfect, nice beer selection, very very comfortable ,fun and easy place to hang out and eat, watch some sports on the many TV's ( or not) and enjoy the super and quality food. A winner.

1  Thank SRCOceanPark_Wa

Been to The Lost Roo? Share your experiences!