“Just great!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We ended up here- mainly because it was pouring and we were starving and just wanted to get in somewhere. What started with that ended up to be a very pleasant choice! To start it took us nearly 15 min to decide what to order because there were so many great options. Nice variety- from seafood, steaks, sandwiches, lunch specials, tacos…. We ended up with 2 different soups that were fantastic and my husband got a meatloaf sandwich and got to select tater tots as the side starch- and were so happy. I ordered an open face crab melt sandwich that was amazing. I was not expecting it to be that good- very fresh. It came with a very nice side salad. Portions were generous and prices very reasonable. I would go back again and again. Some nights it looks like they have special items like prime rib and BBQ. Lastly we had great service! Our waitress was very attentive but also patient and helpful when we could not decide what to get. We have always passed this place up for smaller places but we were mistaken. Would definitely go at our next visit!!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Have been to The Lost Roo many times, every visit the staff has been very friendly. The is always good have not had one thing we did not like. Husband and son like the sports theam of the place, all around nice place to go.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Bottom line – Best all-around restaurant in Long Beach. The locals we spoke with recommended not wasting our time going anywhere else. Have to concur. Great value for the price.

Food - Ate at Lost Roo twice. Good food. Better food than standard pub grub. Really liked the General Tso’s Chicken Wings (10 ea. large ones, which is generous). They do a rotating menu, so it changes. The Steelhead and Chips were excellent. Huge bucket of tots. Great value all-around.

Good wine – Had a bottle of the 2009 Sinister Hand red which was $24, and very drinkable. Later when I found the 2010 at my local grocery store, it was $27??? Left me thinking it was a really good deal.

Great Beer Selection – plenty of microbrews on tap to choose from, most of them are great.

Atmosphere – pub like, with a lot of big screen TV’s, but it’s a nice atmosphere. Done well. They even have a table shaped like a boomerang.

Service – Top Shelf. The owners work working along with the attentive wait staff. Real caring, family operation. Couldn’t be better.

Parking – Don’t let the apparent scarcity of parking scare you. They can seat a lot of people inside (130+/-). They just didn’t get the parking they needed during permitting with the City. You definitely want to visit this place, so park on City streets and walk a block or two. It is worth it.

Local recommendations – Locals I spoke with all agreed that it is the best value restaurant in Long Beach. One recommended that I not waste my time trying anyplace else unless I was willing to drive into Astoria. The parking lot always looks packed because people eat there on a regular basis. Again, lots of room inside.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Not only that we recommend this place to our guests,but every week or so we make a point of trying[as a excuse] it out,ourselves.The food is well cooked and tasty,the portions are generous and the staff is very attentive and the place is clean.Great sports bar less the smoke
The beer assortment is great...my favorite..Mac and Jack.
A must while on vacation on The Long Beach Peninsula or if you live there, as we do.

1  Thank Enchanted Cotta... S
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I stopped in for lunch. Fun interior, great waitress. I would have liked to have gone back at night...looked like it would have been a blast (lots of cars there in the evening). I had the fish tacos which had a batter fried hunk of fish...I kind of like smaller fish pieces in my fish taco but it tasted very good. Once again..my husband had a burger and said it was good. Prices are decent. I would definitely go back, lots of things to choose from that looked real tasty!!

1  Thank Siriusk9s