“Great Place to be Stranded”

Castaways Seafood Grille
Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2014

Happy hour at this place today. Great drinks, appetizers. According to my bride, the oyster sandwich was great. I can see why their clam chowder has won the 2013 and 2014 competition. They, of course, refused to give me a copy of the recipe. My French dip was good. The blue coconut margarita was very good. Their bread pudding topped with caramel and marionberries was some of the best I've had.

Definitely a do again. Amber, or waitress, did a great job.

2  Thank James C
Castaways S, Owner at Castaways Seafood Grille, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2014

Hi James,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am so glad that you enjoyed our famous chowder and that your wife liked the oyster sandwich. I will pass your thanks on to Amber as well. Please stop in again, have a great week!

Reviewed September 2, 2014

The food here is wonderful. The service was great and the food was prepared and delivered as requested. Happy staff, even for a very busy Friday night. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone, wanting a great meal. Don't forget to order the homemade chowder!

Hi Bill N Devon,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am so glad that you enjoyed our famous chowder and that our staff was able to take care of you. Please stop in again, have a great week!

Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

We got there on a busy Sunday night so we sat in the bar. The fried oysters and fries were amazing. My fish and chips were light and flavorful. Clam chowder was creamy and tasty. Top it off with a cold beer and it was a fun, flavorful date night.

1  Thank Marysusan G

Dear Marysusan G.,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am so glad that you enjoyed our famous chowder and fried oysters. Please stop in again, have a great week!

Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

Everything we tried was great on our 2 day stay we ate every meal here lol. Great bartenders cant wait for off season that's when we travel less tourists

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for the kind words! We are so happy that you dined with us multiple times on your trip. We look forward to seeing you all again soon. Have a great week!

Reviewed September 2, 2014

Every time we are in Long Beach, we always visit Castaways. I was a bit skeptical when they advertised the best clam chowder in Long Beach, but I will admit, of all the places I have tried, theirs is definitely the best. The food here is delicious and the drinks are generous considering the price. They are usually very busy so we have always sat in the bar since it's first come, first serve. We were here again over Labor Day weekend and I felt like the bar was understaffed so everything took a little longer than usual, however, don't let that deter you. This place is a great restaurant that you should definitely visit while staying in Long Beach!

1  Thank Kailey T

Hi Kailey T.,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am so glad that you enjoyed our famous chowder. Please stop in again, have a great week!