“Pub fare and family dining.”

Castaways Seafood Grille
Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Portland, Oregon
“Pub fare and family dining.”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We always enjoy dinners there. Great for the kids and right in the little downtown area. The best meals in my opinion are of the pub fare variety. Clam strips, fish and chips... all delicious.

• Visited May 2013

Cortez, Colorado
“Wonderful friendly place”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I ate dinner there after searching TripAdvisor reviews. The food was very good and the staff were quite friendly and helpful. We enjoyed it immensely and will go back. One caveat, Castaways closed at 8:30 the night we ate there; so, go early.

• Visited July 2013
Medford, Oregon
“Very good food but too much money”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

3 adults and 3 kids menu lunches for $90, yikes!

The food was very good, but not 90 bucks good, especially when only 1 beer was ordered and the rest were soda.

My wife said the steamed local clams were outstanding. The 2 clam chowders were tasty but a but spicy. I had a burger with BBQ sauce which was very sweet. For the most part everyone enjoyed their food.

This is a BUSY and loud place on the main drag. Lots of people came in but didn't stay because of the wait time.

My wife would come back for the clams. I wouldn't for the price.

• Visited July 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Great”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Best clam chowder in town. Also the Crab Louie was outstanding. The staff was welcoming and great. Thanks to Kim our waitress. She was so much fun to chat with.

Visited June 2013
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant had all of my favorites when traveling, local color; fantastic FRESH seafood; perfect atmosphere; and friendly service. The clams to start were DIVINE. My prawn dish was outstanding, as was my friends shrimp stir fry. The whole town of Long Beach was adorable, A perfect place to stop and spend the night on our road trip. Castaways was a perfect and pleasantly surprising supper at the end of the day!

• Visited June 2013