“Don't Miss Happy Hour”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Whidbey Island, Washington
“Don't Miss Happy Hour”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Located on the main street. Great service. Excellent food Wonderful happy hour. Hope to return in the near future.

Visited January 2013

Bellingham, WA
“Fun place”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We eat at Castaways everytime we visit Long Beach and this time was no exception. The food, atmosphere, and service are top notch. Make sure to stop in when you visit the coast!

Visited October 2012
anchorage
“just ok”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

had senior fish and chips and was basically raw, and other food is just ok. I don't choose to go any more by myself as will go other restaurants instead, Only go when a family member is paying and chooses that place which is not often

Visited September 2012
La Grande, Oregon
“Great Fish & Chips”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed in Long Beach from October 18 to October 22. (Thursday through Monday) Each time we visit Long Beach we eat at the Castaways. A little bit of trivia - the building used to house the old Mary Lou's Tavern and we used to get hamburgers and hot dogs there. This trip we ate at the Castaways 7 times - 5 dinners and 2 lunches. I think they have some of the best food in Long Beach, so I guess I don't understand the poorer reviews. Maybe they had a trainee or something. The restaurant has both booth and table seating plus stools and tables in the bar area. For lunch or light dinner we usually sit on stools at a table. Lunch for us consisted of the beef and barley soup for my wife and clam chowder for me. (Both excellent.) Most of the slower times they had 2 people waiting tables and I noticed that on Saturday night they had 5 or 6. Their cod fish and chips are super and the same goes for their hamburgers. I had prime rib on Saturday night which was cooked just right. Sue, has been there for 2 or 3 years, and is a very good attentive waitress. As far as that goes everyone has been great. I can honestly say that we have never had poor service or a bad meal. Added note - there is a separate room for private parties and I noticed the old Mary Lou's sign in there.

• Visited October 2012
SeaTac, Washington
“Dont let the crowd fool you!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We are here twice while staying at the Super 8 motel. First time we had the special and it was just OK. Second time I ordered a steak and baked potato. $3 extra for a baked potato rather than mashed. Steak was below par. Service both times was very iffy. There are other better places..

Visited October 2012